Recent content by DaSaint

1. DaSaint

WTB: SGI 3016 Chassis

Hey All, I already have one of these but would love to have another to do similar mods to what i did in my past, Anyone got one they want to sell?
  2. DaSaint

ESXi 7.0 compatible RAID card that can connect to R710 backplane

I have run FreeNas/Solaris based OSes with Passthrough and never had issues.. the only disadvantages is chicken/egg if using that storage as local Shared storage (i.e. ESXi has to be working correctly, then you have to have a local storage away from the raid card to use for FreeNas then boot...
  3. DaSaint

ESXi 7.0 compatible RAID card that can connect to R710 backplane

So from what i see the backplane should be using a SFF-8087 type connector to connect from the Raid/HBA card. and the Perc 6/I Raid is using the older SFF-8484 with a converted SFF-8087 connector. So in theory you should be able to use a newer Raid card that uses SFF-8087 cables you might...
  4. DaSaint

FOUND: Unifi US-16-XG

@j741 i assume you do not want a beta unit then? i also have one that im not using anymore just wanted to get it out of the garage/box, shoot me a fair price and its yours!
  5. DaSaint

wanted norco RPC-4224 or similar

i do have a 4224 chassis with the upgraded 120mm fan slots, catch is im in colorado, and i would wonder what the cost of shipping would be. i have considered chopping/welding it up to make a JBOD unit out of it but im still on the fence
  6. DaSaint

VRTX and M630 woes

i have heard stories of the midplane going bad before, i had a chat with a Dell Service Tech a few years back told him about my VRTX and he mentioned that it was common for them to go bad and he had replaced many.
  7. DaSaint

VRTX and M630 woes

Here are some pics from my CMC if it helps
  8. DaSaint

VRTX and M630 woes

make sure there arent any bent pins inside the back of the blade board, cause if any are missing/bent and not connecting that would equal some bad stuff... the other possibility is that the backplane those connect into could be bad as well. Have you tried in different slots and how many PSUs do...
  9. DaSaint

VRTX and M630 woes

howdy, i have a VRTX + M630s as well, but do not have the same issue, but i do also have all the components in my VRTX (CMC, SPERC, etc.) I would recommend getting a CMC as its very possible that the blades do not know how to really communicate to the underlying system as the CMC is the brain...
  10. DaSaint

[Newegg] ASRock Rack D1541D4U-2O8R mATX 8-core Xeon D-1541 mobo with SFP+ $179!

I have the version with the 10GBe instead of the SFPs (wish i had the SFP Version!!!) FYI i have a P3700 and P3520 (2.5 models) running on those NVME slots with a converter. No issues there, i think the only downside is the PCIe Speed is limited to 1x based on the diagrams.
  11. DaSaint

32GB PC3-14900 DDR3 LRDIMM 4x @ $150 of better

My 5 sets passed multiple passes 100%, this was a damn good deal!
  12. DaSaint

32GB PC3-14900 DDR3 LRDIMM 4x @ $150 of better

I offered 115/ea for 5 sets of the original and he bit, i know i might have gotten cheaper, but didnt want to get underbid either :p 28.75/32Gb DIMM is insane pricing for server stuff