Recent content by darkconz

1. D

Supermicro 216 solid red lights on all 24 bays

Thank you, yeah the SAS cable does not have any sideband connections. The sleds are the standard SM maroon color ones. As an interesting fact, I kind of interchange all those sleds between my spares. The lights do light up even though there are no sleds in the slot. @Markess thank you, I'll...
  2. D

The cable is not a SM cable with the grey ribbon (one that looks like front panel connector) attached to it. I got the cable from eBay and it's a generic cable. I have another 216 and the cable does come with that grey ribbon. But the backplane on that one is a SAS2-216EL1 so I wasn't sure if...
  3. D

I am just reading about J84 jumper settings.. can't check at the moment but wondering what is difference between I2C and SGPIO? If I have the JPI2C1 plugged in, should the jumper settings be set to I2C?
  4. D

Thanks for the info and I read through a few manuals today. Noticed there could be some cables missing.... What i2c or sgpio cables do I need and where do I connect it to? I have a H12SSL-i motherboard, replaced the old X9 motherboard with a newer one. But all cables that were plugged into the...
  5. D

I recently acquired an used Supermicro 216, with the backplane BON-SAS-216A. Upon powering the unit, the front 24 lights remain solid red (no flashes). Blue activity light blinks when there is activity but the red lights are bothering me. I thought maybe upgrading the firmware might help but I...
  6. D

Supermicro H12SSL-i, H12SSL-C, H12SSL-NT, H12SSL-CT boards - notes, experiences

Correct, Noctua fans Managed to get around to this machine today, used ipmitool to adjust the lower limits as IPMI was thinking the fans are dead so it tries to spin it up to max again and again... I think its the lower fan limit that caused the problem. I had made the adjustment 3 hours ago...
  7. D

Happy to report installed windows without plugging the Ethernet cable, installed all proper chipset drivers from Supermicro, reboot, plug in ethernet and everything went fine.... Now if there is a way to control the PWM fans, it spins up every 5 seconds and it's getting annoying
  8. D

SW_DVD9_Win_10_2004_64BIT_English_Home_Pro_SL_S_N_OEM_2_X22-29847.iso is what I burned the USB with. I got it from MAP on Jan 13, 2023 Just noticed there is a 21H1 ISO version. I'll try that one.
  9. D

I got the ISO from Microsoft Action Pack. The ISO has various versions on it (Home/Pro/N/...), but I forgot what date it was. I want to add that the install went fine, it is when Windows is trying to search for appropriate driver (I think on internet), the PSP driver gets updated and machine...
  10. D

I recently got a H12SSL-i and Epyc 7302, I spent almost 2 days pulling hair out and cannot complete windows 10 pro installation. Latest clue is windows installed a driver for AMD PSP and then the system would freeze and next reboot will not get me into Windows. Do I need TPM AOM-TPM-9665V...
  11. D

Supermicro Epyc motherboards - list of graphics cards that work - I need help to make a list

I do suspect it's windows driver, otherwise I would be able to use the gui to install windows haha
  12. D

Supermicro Epyc motherboards - list of graphics cards that work - I need help to make a list

I recently acquired a H12SSL-i (fw 2.4) and popped my AMD 6800XT in there. Everything went smoothly during install but when I got into Windows (Win10Pro) and when Windows grabs the latest AMD driver for the card, the system would hang and would no longer boot into Windows. Video is fine if...
  13. D

Processor/RAM limitations on 40Gbe?

Those are only V2 CPUs. I am doing tests on Windows, haven't done it in Linux. These are going through Arista DCS-7050QX-32. Funny thing is, I am 100% positive I've done these tests before putting these into production. I couldn't find the notes but if the system was 1/4 of the rated capacity...
  14. D

Processor/RAM limitations on 40Gbe?

I am wondering if there is a minimum requirement to get up to 40 Gbe networking? I noticed something being very slow with my s2d setup and I was testing all sorts of things. I was able to confirm RDMA is working but when I was testing my network iperf, it seems like it would not go past 8 Gbe...
  15. D

Anyone with herman miller embody?

I have one from 3 years ago and its still doing great, haven't experienced the problem you are indicating.