Recent content by danws6

1. D

FS - Dell PowerEdge R820

Processors: 4 x 6 Core 2.9Ghz (24 cores total, no hyper threading) Ram: 192 GB 1333Mhz Drives: 3 x 300GB 2.5" HDD Raid: PERC H710 Remote Management: idrac OS: none Rails: Yes I have no way to ship this and want to sell it local in the SF Bay Area. I'm in the south bay but willing to meet...
  2. D

DemoEval Ryzen03 - With Blue LEDs

Does that local computer shop have more boards in stock? Frys only has a Asus Prime X370 board and is sold out of the rest, Amazon is sold out, NewEgg is sold out. My 1800x has been sitting on my shelf for a week now with nothing to plug it into. :( I was leaning toward a MSI board since they...
  3. D

Gitlab went metal, critique their proposed purchases

A few of thoughts (disclaimer: I skimmed the article and read sections that popped out so I might have missed some points): They are creating a headache by only going into a single data center if they plan on having 24/7 SLAs. The are underestimating how much spare hardware they will want on...
  4. D

WTB 2/4 TB 2.5" Hard drives

Anyone thirsty for a soda right now?
  5. D

Then why did you "buy" drives from PrivateColo and why were you the only one to receive a refund?
  6. D

I'm still waiting for my refund that I requested on Monday. Has anyone in this thread actually received a drive/tracking number? Bonus points for pictures of actual hard drives.
  7. D

X10SDV-4C-TLN2F 400$ BO on ebay

Any ideas on where to buy the IO shield?
  8. D

16 x Dell 600GB 15k 3.5" SAS

Thank you sir. Drives are sold.
  9. D

Anyone who has more patience than I do could easily flip these on Ebay for a decent profit.
  10. D

Seagate Backup Plus 4TB Drive - Cheap 2.5" 4TB drives

For those of you that have seen failures: how long were the rebuild times?
  11. D

10 have drive trays and 6 do not. Sold.
  12. D

Personal Introduction Thread

Welcome!
  13. D

I have the H710. I may just buy a couple of these and see how well they work.
  14. D

Has anyone tried these with a dell raid controller? I'm tempted to get a few but I know how dell's controllers don't always play nice with non dell branded hardware.