Recent content by DanP

1. D

8TB Ruler format SSD - P4500- listed at $900

You confused me for a minute by saying 7200 PBW as wow that would be amazing, I am thinking you wanted TBW / as its only 7.2PBW
  2. D

8TB Ruler format SSD - P4500- listed at $900

Hmmmm on a drive that large 8PB isn't that good of endurance, like a half drive write per day? Intel p3600 1.2TB drives have nearly the same endurance and are much smaller drives.
  3. D

32c/64t Epyc 7551P $376

Watch out on that board, once updated to newest firmware they don't play nice with naples / 7001 cpus.
  4. D

I guess...this is a "great deal". Only $5M. Any takers? :)

It looks like the 300k one is lacking all the juicy stuff (ram/cpus)
  5. D

Xeon E-2176G w/ two different Supermicro boards

Are you sure about that? just because they don't list 9th gen on the site doesn't mean it won't work, for example the difference from Xeon E 21xx and 22xx is very minor, a typical Intel stunt of bumping clock per model number but no major gut's changes. T_Minus, I will double check ECC...
  6. D

to be honest if this is a home server based on the ITX board I would just use the i3-9100f as they are nice and cheap right now and have a good per core speed.
  7. D

Considering the feedback and 20+ year ebay account I would think there is little to worry about (but I a guess I am biased as its my acution :) ), as far as why? Well we bought 50ish of those as they were the only options for Xeon E's in the early days, we later moved on to ASrock boards and...
  8. D

32GB PC3-14900 DDR3 LRDIMM 4x @ $150 of better

Man the talk of ram drives made me think back to this old setup, Been sitting in a parts pile for atleast 5 years, blew my mind that the battery had a charge when I plugged it in. Pitty this tech didn't advance more, imagine this as NVMe / pci-e connected. Basically has a CF drive and...
  9. D

128GB Intel Optane Memory sold as DDR4 ECC

No, that board is like all the consumer / desktop boards that use the M.2 Optane's as cache for spinning disks / other storage cache. What is talked about above is a new setup that uses optane DIMM's as memory, so 2+TB of memory is possible (not quite as fast as real ddr4 but is kind of neat).
  10. D

FS: Asus X99-WS w/ IPMI nice workstation 2011-3 boards

I don't think these fully utilize ECC, I will see if I can test this. These have dual onboard Intel NIC's I will get a better count of these next week, they will be listed on ebay as well with the water block setups. Thanks,
  11. D

FS: Asus X99-WS w/ IPMI nice workstation 2011-3 boards

Hey there, I have some Asus X99-WS IPMI boards that we are pulling out of production. The ebay link is below, there is some room for BO's for you guys :) At peak we were contributing close to 1MH to the Servethehome Aeon pool and some of these were used for it. Bios updated to newest...
  12. D

More profitable use of GPU mining rigs

I wonder If they end up getting big if Nvidia will attempt to shut them down. Remember Nvidia recently did a dick move that pretty much banned consumer cards from anything more than gaming and crypto.
  13. D

Supermicro Chassis or Power Supply to GPUs

It would be cool to see someone release some cheap breakout boards for SM supplies (like the HP ones). I get why the HP ones are so popular, the mass production of them / they where everywhere. We have hundreds if not a thousand left over 920/1200 plat sm supplies laying around so these...
  14. D

Another new coin that I mined for fun, talk about a ride.

Out of curiosity, which site is showing it in the profitability calcs?
  15. D

Historic day..... STH Aeon ten percent global!

I was a 1/3 of it, but pulled some out, now just 730k of it