Recent content by Daniele

1. D

Looking for mini server

Hello, I'd like to expand my current set-up, and I'd like to do so with 1 or 2 extra mini-nodes. I'm looking for suggestions for a low-power (<25W), silent server. Performance isn't a hard requirement, an i3/E3 or similar would be fine, but I would like it to have at least 2x 2.5" SSD (preferred...
  2. D

Hotswap issues

I hadn't. The Toshiba drives I mentioned were around 300€ new. I got the HUH728080ALE600 for 180€ and the HUH721010ALE600 for 230€. A new MyBook 10Tb is between 210 and 260 on my local Amazon, not a massive difference.
  3. D

Hotswap issues

Thanks, I'm not sure I would be able to do that. I'm still in the return window, seems easier. I replaced them with 2x MG06ACA10TE.
  4. D

Is this a real error?

ZFS should make it much safer to use as smartctl reports a pass and even if it broke down you can take the hit (assuming you're not striping everything in the zpool). Knowing which error it was may help in better assessing whether it's safe to use.
  5. D

Hotswap issues

Found the issue, I believe, in this document Tech Brief - Western Digital - Power Disable The HUH721010ALE600 and HUH7210* HUH7212* series in general seem to have multiple part numbers, some of which have a feature HGST/WD call Power Disable, which needs to be supported by the SATA connector...
  6. D

Hotswap issues

Hello, I have a 6027R-E1R12L server with Ubuntu 18.04.3 running. It currently has 4 HUH728080ALE600 drives being used as ceph OSDs. I recently bought a couple more HUH721010ALE600 drives which I plugged into the backplane in front. The new drives however aren't being recognized by the running...