Recent content by daniel_browning

1. D

Best VPS / Recommended?

What I do is go to Low End Box - Cheap VPS Hosting Providers Listing & Reviews and look at the "Top Provider Poll" results, then investigate them in more detail (especially by reading forum comments about them on lowendbox.com and elsewhere). That's how I found ramhost.us and iniz.com. For the...
  2. D

Parts on the way: 4224, E5-1620, and X9SRL-F

No. I had to send it back and get a Supermicro SNK-P0050AP4, the only compatible heatsink I could find. I'm telling myself that Supermicro has a good reason for the non-standard mount and it wasn't just yet another money grab.
  3. D

Main Site - Please let me know if there are issues

It's working for me now.
  4. D

New Proposed Server 2012 Build Machine

I looked at that too and came to the same conclusion. I think the idea is "If you have to ask how fast it is, Storage Spaces are not for you."
  5. D

Wow! I really wish I had known about that guy a week ago. Looks like a dream motherboard to me!
  6. D

Yeah, I was looking forward to that for *years* before Romley was released. The dozens of press releases (er, "news stories") got my hopes up about how Romley will finally usher in the era of cheap 10GbE. And then my bubble burst when I saw it was only on the dual socket boards. Still, I'm...
  7. D

Hello, folks. I recently pulled the trigger on a new storage server / video editing workstation. A few of these parts are leftovers from my current system, but most are new: Norco RPC 4224 Chassis Intel E5-1620 3.6ghz 10MB cache SuperMicro X9SRL-F Motherboard 64GB - 8x8GB Kingston ECC 1333...