Recent content by dabl

1. D

"IIO 1 PCIe Port Bifurcation Control" greyed out - X9SRL-F motherboard

Thanks very much for taking the time to explain all that, hugely appreciated! The graphics card is only being used for transcoding in an unraid jellyfin docker so the output should be using very little bus bandwidth as I understand it.
  2. D

"IIO 1 PCIe Port Bifurcation Control" greyed out - X9SRL-F motherboard

Thanks very much for this post. I have the same motherboard and am also interested in using a two-port NVMe PCIe adapter in it and enabling bifurcation control in it. Can you please post the make and model of the NVMe PCIe adapter you had success with for use in the X9SRL-F? It would be nice...
  3. D

SuperMicro Chassis ID - CSE-836BE16-R920B

Thanks for the heads up, had not noticed that. As it happens the X9SRL-F I bought came with a Dynatron heatsink and fan combo so in theory I won't need the shroud. I have a 933T-R760 chassis with a shroud but it seems to have a different part number (MCP-310-38002-0N) than the one for the...
  4. D

To the ebay seller's great credit they immediately de-activated that listing and later found me a real one with the rear drives installed. Woo hoo, squeeky wheel and all that
  5. D

As I expected the seller got back to me with the admission the chassis in this listing was mis-identified.
  6. D

Can anyone please confirm/deny this listing for a SuperMicro CSE-836BE16-R920B looks to be the real thing with the 920W SQ power supplies and the option of adding two hot-swap 2.5" hard disk drives accessible from the rear of the chassis using the MCP-220-83605-0N kit? I've seen comments saying...