Recent content by CyberianSoldier

1. C

[FS] S6500 Firesale

There's special soundproof ones. Get those. I called the factory wnd got manufacturing defect ones, because I don't care how they looked. Was good enough that I could run these servers in a high rise condo.
  2. C

[FS] S6500 Firesale

Good solution. I used soundproof moving blankets to reduce the noise in a similar solution.
  3. C

[FS] S6500 Firesale

Here's an image I have of the system before we took it down. All the IO is on the front. I never used the serial console, just did almost everything through ILO.
  4. C

[FS] S6500 Firesale

They take V2 CPUs, I have the V1 CPUs because they were more cost-effective back then. Each server is its own server, the chassis has no networking in it, it's just shared power distribution and cooling. That being said, each one has 2 networking NICs. There's also one ILO NIC used for...
  5. C

[FS] S6500 Firesale

The real thing is to not use AC to try and fight the heat. If you take the Facebook approach, no AC and exclusively air cooling, lights use negligible power. Trying to fight all the heat a rack dumps out is a losing, expensive battle. But that's just my opinion. all 3 clusters at ~11c per kwh...
  6. C

[FS] S6500 Firesale

I had fixed-rate power. But the servers are fairly efficient, as it averages only one fan per server due to shared cooling. I also exhausted the heat outside. I believe fully loaded they drew like 180-300 watts per server, but I also had GPUs in each server, which made the fans run harder. If...
  7. C

[FS] S6500 Firesale

64gb per cluster, not per node (each node has 8gb). It is 128 cores per cluster. I priced it cheaper than an r-pi per node. I priced it to sell, just want it to go to a good home. I see them going for 3.5k on ebay, I just no longer have a use for them. If you need more ram or something, just...
  8. C

[FS] S6500 Firesale

I have 3 of these S6500 fully populated chassis, located in 29210. Each chassis holds 8 dual-socket servers, a total of 64gb of ram per chassis, I believe they have 16x E5-2660 and hard drives in them, so they are ready to go. It's $300 per loaded chassis + shipping if you can't pick it up...
  9. C

[FS] Clearing out Columbia (SC) Datacenter

GPUs and all other assorted goodies are included with that price. I am taking offers. If someone wants all the equipment I'm certainly happy to have one transaction.
  10. C

I keep getting questions about the hard drives/networking equipment. The drives are all 74 GB 15k drives. The networking equipment entails 48 port 1gb switches, two of them are the quanta switches with the 10gb uplinks. I'm not super interested in selling these individually, I'd rather get rid...
  11. C

3x sl6500 chassis - 8x sl230s gen 8 nodes each - each node has 2x E5-2660 (8 c, 2.6 ghz) and 8 GB ddr3 ecc memory. (128 cores per chassis, 64 GB ram / chassis) - 3x 1200w platinum plus power supplies - (optional) r5/r7 240x / 340x gpus for each node - 3500$ per loaded chassis 1x dl580 gen...
  12. C

Looking for Advice - Filling C7000 blade chassis

no, they use ~200 watts per fan. I have 3 nodes running and it's burning 18 Amps at 210V. The fan uses 12V and up to ~15Amps.
  13. C

Looking for Advice - Filling C7000 blade chassis

Honestly, I just picked up one of these things. But the fans use ~200 watts each. at 2000 watts for just the cooling, I'm not sure this is the best for energy efficiency. I'd be curious to see what people suggest. Great price on the chassis though!
  14. C

Amazon warehouse deals pricing error? Buffalo terastation 5410 incl 16tb

I don't think it's a pricing error. price history on this item shows a steady decline in price over a few months.