Recent content by cudak888

1. C

(SOLVED) Windows - TrueNAS 40GbE NIC connection switches to 1GbE NIC after hibernation - but 40GbE still pingable

Global config on the TrueNAS server does have the default route/gateway pointed to the 1GbE network, but the gateway on the Windows box for the 40GbE link is pointed specifically to the subnet of the 40GbE link. Would you recommend adding the specific gateway on TrueNAS as well? -Kurt P.S.: I...
  2. C

(SOLVED) Windows - TrueNAS 40GbE NIC connection switches to 1GbE NIC after hibernation - but 40GbE still pingable

Thank you, @klui - though I have my answer after leaving the computer hibernating for about two hours: The the IP-mapped drive remains at full 40GbE, while the NetBIOS-mapped drive has fallen back to the 1GbE connection. Any recommendation for the interface metric # of the 40GbE vs the 1GbE...
  3. C

DNS with NetBIOS enabled; the mapped share is by NetBIOS name (at present; there have been times I've had it mapped by IP). I'll try mapping it again by IP to see what the results are. -Kurt
  4. C

I have a TrueNAS Scale (home) server directly attached to my Windows workstation with a pair of 40GbE NICs (Chelsio T580-LP-CR in the TrueNAS box, Mellanox Connect-X3 MCX354A-FCBT on the Windows machine) connected together with a QSFP+ cable. Each have permanently assigned IPs pointing to each...
  5. C

Win 10: Task Manager won't update, NOT frozen; constant 40GbE NIC errors in Event Viewer.

Let me run this theory by you then - and add something I had forgotten to mention: Could the Platinum 8180's be utilizing fabrics on the motherboard that could be part of the problem? The reason I ask is that the board on this box - from Day 1 - will occasionally report a POST error as follows...
  6. C

Win 10: Task Manager won't update, NOT frozen; constant 40GbE NIC errors in Event Viewer.

Quick update - the Mellanox driver finally BSOD'ed an hour later: On Sat 10/8/2022 2:43:55 AM your computer crashed or a problem was reported Crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\100822-42171-01.dmp (Minidump) Bugcheck code: 0x9F(0x3, 0xFFFFA703F09ECA40, 0xFFFFC08ED942F110...
  7. C

This one has me stumped, and no amount of Googlefu seems to have brought up anything quite like this. Either that or I need to make this post so Murphy's Law throws me just the right document after I've made the post (isn't that always the way?). Anyway: I have two TrueNAS SCALE servers and a...
  8. C

What am I missing? 40GbE Chelsio T580s - slow iperf to Windows on DAC - hardware issue?

FYI, I think this is the same issue on Server 2019. Not 100% sure. https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/2225989-server-2019-network-performance Haven't had any further luck yet other than to occasionally get full transfer speeds just before everything loads at startup. Also nuked Spybot...
  9. C

What am I missing? 40GbE Chelsio T580s - slow iperf to Windows on DAC - hardware issue?

Quick update: I tinkered around with WinPE on the ASUS box, but had limited success getting the NIC to play nice. Wound up throwing Win 10 on it anyway using a spare NVMe. Perfect speeds, not a problem. Also - though this sounds ridiculously intuitive - I hadn't tried booting the HP Z8 into...
  10. C

That's interesting, as I'm not running anything other than Windows Defender, and far as I know, SpyBot 2.9 doesn't scan inbound traffic (if I'm wrong, let me know). I do believe I had Malwarebytes Anti Malware installed here at one time, but it is no longer installed. I used the Malwarebytes...
  11. C

Quick update: I wanted to see if I could eliminate Windows as a potential factor, so I booted up a Live USB of Ubuntu 22.0 into the TrueNAS server, and then grabbed a spare box to run the TrueNAS copy from (in retrospect, it would have made a LOT more sense to do it the other way around, but in...
  12. C

Hello all, first post here, but a casual builder of home servers for video editing and personal storage. For a long time now, I've run a 10GbE DAC setup between my Windows workstation and an older Nas4Free (XigmaNAS) server. However, I've decided to give 40GbE a try. To do so, I've put together...