Recent content by crw030

1. C

AMD EPYC Rome CPU via HPE 'upgrade' very cheap

I forgot to ever come back and update on this, but Provantage Customer Service was quick to respond and indicated they would provide replacement in the case of damage due to shipment, so can recommend !! It ended up not being required, EPYC dropped in and works great on the TYAN board I bought...
  2. C

(Update 04-25) DFI DT122 (AMD RX-427BB) Industrial ITX T730-a-like; $99 shipped w/ 8GB

Hey Dave, I would be most interested in the unsuccessfully modified HTPC config (depending what unsuccessful looks like). My guess is "New in Box" is going to be more expensive than I am after (I am just trying to replace an old ASUS router at a remote site with a pfSense mini router). I've...
  3. C

upgrade for Blue Iris

I think 12x8MP cameras is going to be a tall order for the 4770 even with Quicksync you will be pushing the limits of that old system. Something like an 8th or 9th gen would be a better choice, but harder to find used. Do you have a really, really good reason for 8MP cameras (basically...
  4. C

That would have been handy link when I was shopping for EPYC motherboards!
  5. C

Yeah stressing me out a little bit, as this is a one-off personal build, and being small potatoes who knows if there is an issue if I will have any real recourse. The CPU was in a static bag, and the internal box containing both was sealed with official looking tape. It looks to me simply like...
  6. C

My CPU did update on the PROVANTAGE Site with Shipment Status: Completed and the tracking number. Might just be hit or miss. Mine appeared to be forwarded via an expeditor and then tossed (in one corner was the funny bit), in an overpack box that was about 4x too big, filled the rest of the...
  7. C

I ordered the EPYC 7302P Upgrade on 4/12 after seeing this thread and it shipped 5/4 and arrived yesterday 5/7. CPU was just packed directly on top of the heatsink (I wish they'd put a thin protective layer between them), hopefully it works but won't be able to test until the motherboard...
  8. C

HP T730: $129.40 (shipped)

It's a slow Fiber-to-the-home alternative over Comcast at a second home where I have some video cameras for monitoring. Nothing like those, I think 10Mb/3Mb at this time, with possible upgrades to 50Mb/10Mb hehe. My home connection is 1GbE FTTH but its running fine with Intel card and even...
  9. C

ok, for my remote setup I just need an addl PCIE card to go in this with 1 port (to give 1 in 1 out) that will 1. NOT OVERHEAT in a building that will get over 100F in the summer and 2. will be ultra reliable/authentic (worried about a knock off "Intel" card on ebay that dies after few months...
  10. C

What line speeds are you able to get on this via pfsense? (asking for a friend, actually for a remote site hehe)
  11. C

(Update 04-25) DFI DT122 (AMD RX-427BB) Industrial ITX T730-a-like; $99 shipped w/ 8GB

Looking for a mini-pc for pfsense, so I guess I'll post here in case another DFI DT122 shows up? It's for a remote fiber connection thats 30/10 tops, but I mostly want it for reliable VPN consistent build with my regular home setup but not a lot of $$.