Recent content by Cosmoneer

1. C

DIY Rack & Internet Isolated PCs and ESXi VM Host

No, the servers sit on each other and their weight ultimately sits on the steel KALLAX caster rails. Since there are three rails, there are six casters. This isn't a 42U rack were talking about. At best I get 8U of rack space with this setup. While it is heavy as it is, slow purposeful...
  2. C

DIY Rack & Internet Isolated PCs and ESXi VM Host

Hi All, I am beginning my upgrade adventure on my DIY Home Rack (Modified Lack Rack). The rack itself was a black Lack Coffee table with the shelf installed at the bottom of the legs. The complete lower rack can provides 8U of roll-around rack space. (I will post pictures soon, sorry!) My...
  3. C

Fusionio ioDrive 160GB MLC drive (v 3.0.0 firmware) upgrade path for unbranded drive?

Last night I was able to perform an update (skipping from 1.2.7 to 2.3.11), which did not complain, nor did it reformat the drive. I am going to proceed with the next step, 3.2.11
  4. C

Fusionio ioDrive 160GB MLC drive (v 3.0.0 firmware) upgrade path for unbranded drive?

And finally, a communique from SanDisk Support (where they politely indicated the drive was out of warranty, but were more than gracious in providing the following:) The Release Notes are indicating the driver support upgrade path (which would include a firmware update with every version of...
  5. C

Downloaded the Dell 2.1.0 software and installed it. It also installed firmware file "dell_iodrive_42895.fff". If I upgrade to this firmware, will I not be able to upgrade back to an unbranded firmware? Or, is this file being provided as a path to begin the upgrade progression?
  6. C

Forgive me if I am stating what many of you already know. I didn't find this information by reading posts, so I thought I would share the progression of upgrades and what the manuals stated. And found this page where this same card was upgraded from it's current firmware version 3.0.0 to...
  7. C

Also found this HP page that lists the firmware revision in their manual on page 10: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c02642580.pdf
  8. C

Looking around the web I found this page that seems to match the firmware Revision number: Percona - Documentation - FusionIO benchmarks "rev 36867" from my initial post, which seems to match this "Firmware v36867" The stated VSL version for this webpage is "Fusion-io driver version: 1.2.6.5"...
  9. C

I recently acquired an unbranded 160GB MLC ioDrive. After several failed attempts to get my system to start the drive, I was able to download and install VSL 2.3.10, which allowed me to run fio-status. I extracted the following results: Found 1 ioDrive in this system Fusion-io driver...