Recent content by conr

1. conr

Profile Picture

The @Spartacus like of my last reply put me over the hump.
  2. conr

Profile Picture

It's not 10 posts, maybe 10 Reaction Score?
  3. conr

best NAS OS

NixOS, because Wolfgang told me. (not really, it depends...)
  4. conr

Email Confirmation Delayed

The email notifications from replies to threads I watch, seem to be coming instantly. So all seems back to normal.
  5. conr

New to Docker Containers with Home Servers

I am looking to use NixOS, based on Wolfgang's notthebee/nixos-config repo, on my new home server. He uses Docker containers for all of the services running, which makes upgrades and rebuilding real easy.
  6. conr

12gen N-series Nas motherboard (topton, cwwk, ... )

I haven't set it up yet. My friend told me to use a thermal grizzly carbon thermal pad, but now I am questioning if I have to even use it? Is the bronze heat sink plate already glued down?
  7. conr

I have practically the same parts except the picoPSU (ATX PCU). Did you modify any of the BIOS settings?
  8. conr

The KingNovyPC Computer Store just sent me the PDF setup manual for the CW-N100-NAS-DC V1.0! Though it's in Chinese, it still gives plenty of good screenshots and guides. *Note to Admins: It's not letting me attach to the thread a 2MB pdf. Error says it's too big. So here's the direct link...
  9. conr

New to Docker Containers with Home Servers

Why should I run my services, like Plex, Deluge, NextCloud, PhotoPrism, etc... in a Docker Container for a Home Server? I've always just install directly with the package manager like apt and pacman. Thanks!
  10. conr

At the time of ordering, the Topton N5105 was $180 and the N100 was $189 but yeah, it’s down to $150 so I guess I am paying for FOMO.
  11. conr

Hi all, I am also on the N100 mobo train as I am needing to decouple my GPU Passthrough build, used for Gaming VM and a Home Server, to just a normal 24hr Home Server for NAS, Plex, BitTorrent, connected to my network. Got inspired by Wolfgang’s video on this Homer Server build, but with these...
  12. conr

Email Confirmation Delayed

Just wanted to let it be known to the server admins after registering this account, the STH Forums email with confirmation link, did not come instantly after registering. I registered at 12:31pm yesterday and got the email link at 4:34am the next day, 16 hours later. I even requested it two more...