Recent content by Conjurer

1. C

CWWK i5-1235U 6 port i226 report

Great work, thanks! Beware that this BIOS has limited values for option Package C State Limit, if I remember correctly it only has C1 (no deeper states C2, C3, ... C8, C10). Which could mean C states would still be limited to C1 in pfSense (don't know how this would react in for example Linux)...
  2. C

I am finally able to use both SpeedShift and C states in pfSense! Which allows me to reach the maximum specified turbo speeds on all cores. I did some research with the tools fta provided. I took the fta's "HWP On" BIOS and tweaked it a little. Then I created a new BIOS. Reflashed and now I...
  3. C

I am finally able to reach the specified turbo speeds. I disabled one P-core (set 1 active P-core instead of all). Now I see the frequencies I expected to see. sysctl -a dev.cpu | grep 'freq:' dev.cpu.9.freq: 3583 dev.cpu.8.freq: 3583 dev.cpu.7.freq: 3583 dev.cpu.6.freq: 3583 dev.cpu.5.freq...
  4. C

Hi, I just had to use re-adjust boot order using F11 when the CWWK logo is shown. Thereby confirming that it is working. I was tweaking with the BIOS and didn’t have the menu anymore in which you can set the boot order the regular way.
  5. C

How did you manage getting the P-cores and E-cores reach their specified max turbo frequency of your Intel 8505?! You first readings show P-cores 0..1 at ~4.4GHz and E-cores 2..5 at ~3.3GHz. If I kindly may ask, what is the output when performing following commands? sysctl -a dev.cpu | grep cx...
  6. C

I re-flashed using your "HWP On" BIOS again. Then tried to enable the C states option without flashing a modded BIOS according to this manual using this command: setup_var_cv CpuSetup 0x14 0x1 0x1 (the C states option resides in VarStoreId 0x2 which is CpuSetup) Unfortunately I got...
  7. C

Thanks for your reply and search result. I guess FreeBSD is strongly limited opposed to Linux. Indeed, my tests in Ubuntu were fine and as expected also. Would it be possible to re-create the "HWP On" BIOS with C states option exposed, or default set to Enabled (or both)? (I did look into your...
  8. C

I installed latest BIOS CW-MBX-AD12 2023-06-08 from ChangWang and see there's an option C states, which I set to Enabled. After running sysctl dev.cpu | grep cx I get this: dev.cpu.11.cx_method: C1/mwait/hwc C2/mwait/hwc C3/mwait/hwc dev.cpu.11.cx_usage_counters: 241 1240 3234...
  9. C

Thanks for the support. Just to be sure I didn't accidentally changed a setting that would be effecting C-states, I reset the BIOS to default settings (still using your 'HWP On' BIOS ) and re-checked. It still states: cx_supported: C1/1/0. I don't understand, whatever I try I see no change...
  10. C

Thank you for the suggestion. I tried but unfortunately it didn't work. I set it to C10 and rebooted, but no change in frequencies. I also deleted the system tunable completely and rebooted, same result. sysctl -a dev.cpu | grep 'freq_levels\|freq' dev.cpu.11.freq_levels: 2688/-1...
  11. C

Installed pfSense 2.7 this weekend. Working fine with the I226 nics indeed! Used the settings for pfSense (and BIOS) mentioned by iceman_jkh. But I don't get expected results, or maybe my expectations are wrong. My expectations are: when idle the CPU frequencies would be low, like <1000 MHz and...
  12. C

Your Intel i5-1240P should indeed be able to boost to 4.4GHz. Your actions look OK to me. Did you see any thermal throttling? In summary, I did these steps: Repaste the heatsink Tighten screws for better contact on the heatstink Installed a heatsink on top of the SSD (that will not make any...
  13. C

Anyone an idea where to find the option in BIOS to switch off USB power when shutdown? Tried several options, but didn’t work.
  14. C

I recently bought a new power adapter to replace the Dajing that came with the package. The Dajing adapter would be perfectly fine, but still don't trust it 100%. I don't want any risk when this unit will be running 24/7. Also installed a SSD heatsink that finally fits. I couldn't use the four...
  15. C

Link to new bios update with Google translate.