Recent content by compuguy

1. C

If you have the TP-Link T1700G-28TQ switch...

I've been using the Mikrotik S+RJ10 with this switch without any issues for several years. https://mikrotik.com/product/s_rj10
  2. C

Connectivity Issues on Windows 10 with Mellanox ConnectX-2 and Driver 5.50

Its worth a shot. I'm not 100% sure if it made a dump or not (the whole machine freezes, no BSOD). I think I did try the 4.80 drivers a year ago. I'll try that again when I get a chance.
  3. C

Connectivity Issues on Windows 10 with Mellanox ConnectX-2 and Driver 5.50

Everytime I try to install the 5.50 drivers for my connectx 2 on my desktop, the entire computer freezes. It works fine with the windows stock drivers. I have a feeling the Asrock motherboard is the culprit.
  4. C

Mikrotik CVE CVE-2018-14847 being abused in the wild

Honestly you shouldn't have Winbox ports exposed to the internet to begin with.
  5. C

Connecting Xeon-D 10G base-T to SFP+ switch

It sounds like you need a SFP+ module that identifies itself as a supported netgear module. Something like this: https://smile.amazon.com/6COM-SFP-10G-T-S-10GBase-T-Gigabit-Transceiver/dp/B075WQWVS5/ or this official Netgear module ...
  6. C

SFP choices for use with Supermicro X10SDV-7TP4F

In Windows, it comes up as a x552/x557 Intel controller, according to TinkerTry https://www.servethehome.com/lab-confirmation-intel-xeon-10g-lan-x552-x557at/ I just got my order from Streakwave, and the SYS-E300-8D has no issues with the Mikrotik S+RJ10 module (10GBASE-T Copper). It doesn't...
  7. C

It took a bit of back and forth, but one person from Supermicro support told me the server doesn't support SFP. Another support person recommended me to try a Finisar FTLF8524P2BNV SFP module: FTLF8524P2BNV Finisar Corporation | Optoelectronics | DigiKey Supermicro support mentioned to me that...
  8. C

Yeah, I've been trying to figure this out on a similar Xeon-D server from Supermicro, the SYS-E300-8D. First thing to know is that version of RHEL may be too old to recognize those SFP ports (They come up on newer Linux kernels as Intel Corporation Device 15ac). In Windows they are recognized as...
  9. C

10gbit interface compatibility (Intel X553 <-> Mellanox ConnectX-2)

Let me know what happens with that. They've been a mixed bag on compatible modules (especially if you want a RJ45 one). They told me the Aquantia 10G/s High Speed SFP+ Ethernet Optical Transceiver should be compatible. I'm not 100% sure to believe them if the previously recommended patch cable...
  10. C

Connecting Xeon-D 10G base-T to SFP+ switch

Which Supermicro server are you using? The Supermicro SYS-E300-8D is also picky about SFP/SFP+ modules. I've honestly never worked with IBM/Lenovo switches before to know module compatibility. It's worth a shot trying the MikroTik S+RJ10 then.
  11. C

10gbit interface compatibility (Intel X553 <-> Mellanox ConnectX-2)

Good luck with that. I've been having similar issues with a E300-8D (It uses the same Intel SOC chipset). I contacted Supermicro support, and they've given me mixed information on copper and fiber modules (I don't know about direct attach cables). Supermicro support did mention one DAC they sell...
  12. C

Mikrotik CRS317-1G-16S+RM / 10GbE

9) I may be wrong but you should be able to configure the switch in winbox when running SwOS?
  13. C

If you have the TP-Link T1700G-28TQ switch...

Since this link is dead, would it be possible for you to report back if it has any issues? That and provide a mirror. I may be having the mac forwarding issue. I have a laser printer that stays online, but disappears when to goes to standby.
  14. C

Why no avatars?

Hate to resurrect an old thread, but a prepared set of approved avatars, might be a good alternative (to avoid the NSFW, and such).
  15. C

16+ x1gb+ & 4x sfp+ 10gb switch?

The advantage of the JetStream it's also fanless. Price has gone up to $308, though.