Recent content by cojones

1. C

Poolsman - ZFS Web GUI for Linux based on Cockpit

I've just checked by adding a dataset with my non-root user no problemo, after gaining administrative access the cockpit way, worked fine. Edit: ah
  2. C

Great update, thank you. Good to have scrub and trim on the UI now, but I'm puzzled about the choice of where they are - under "topology" instead of "maintenance" as I would've expected it.
  3. C

In my case TrueNAS is too opinionated and resource-heavy. I prefer to roll out my own as a simpler Ubuntu box with Cockpit where I can make it do whatever I want. I use the CLI most of the time but there are things that are easier to see and visualise over a GUI when managing my pools.
  4. C

I imagine they'll adjust the pricing structure if sales aren't there.
  5. C

Thank you. The reason I'm asking is because those specific SMART params seem to signal an impending drive failure without necessarily triggering SMART overall health alarms - backblaze have a massive statistic body of evidence on it. I think there's an opportunity here for SMART(er) drive health...
  6. C

Thank you, just upgraded and working well so far. Regarding SMART and disks, how do you currently determine that a disk is healthy? Are you perhaps monitoring these? What SMART Hard Disk Errors Actually Tell Us
  7. C

just checking in as I haven't seen any updates on the site, any news on a new release?
  8. C

This is great stuff, especially if integrated with automated snapshotting and replication. It makes using cockpit for ZFS NAS boxes far more viable.
  9. C

Do you have a roadmap somewhere to see what's coming up?
  10. C

Bought an EAP license recently and so far it's great. Have you any plans to integrate with an automatic snapshotting / zfs send solution like sanoid / syncoid?