Recent content by citizen

1. C

How to reformat HDD & SSD to 512B Sector Size

I would check sea tools and do a wipe on them with the sec codes on the cover also use SG tools to see sector size custom firmware most of the time means used in a proprietary system
  2. C

[WTS] Two Epyc 7551 CPUs

Per paypal they have been used on a supermicro h11dsi motherboard. Have they had the vendor lock fuse blown or are they still unlocked. If unlocked I am interested if not will need to get another supper micro server.
  3. C

Clarification on Mellanox IS50XX and SX6036 licensing

In which forum sth forum, Nevida forum, .......? I have a old switch that I would love to put in production but I need the license keys with out it just a huge paperweight Had they still been for sale I will buy but per Nivida this is legacy and they do not sell them anymore
  4. C

Status Update Thank you itronin While I did find out another way this was on the correct track of my original post on the problem. Even though my read out said encryption level 0 this must be a level with in the drive. They would not work until did Seatools secure erase. Had I seen your...
  5. C

I seem to be having this same problem when trying to convert the 520 to 512 (can do 4096 per drive sticker too) Get a Protected Error message when attempt to format 520 to clear data sg_format --format --size=520 -v -e /dev/sda NETAPP X317_SMBPE06TA07 NA00 peripheral_type: disk [0x0]...
  6. C

ServeTheHome's RAID MTTDL Calculator Bug and Suggestion Box

It it possible to allow the calculator to include a few more advanced raid configurations. I was trying to calculate the storage failure rate of a few super computers and vary large data sets. As current config once about 400+ drives failure time becomes vary short. This is even with 50+...
  7. C

What Hypervisor would you recommend for a 1u 1 server Collocation

So far I have been doing test setups with proxmox and Xcp-ng. As these seem to allow for best growth over time per my needs. I am looking at storage and performance. What do you think Should I break the Raid/ZRaid space into 1 or more then one volume. If 1 Volume What size stripes have...
  8. C

By your limiting I can do that via my LightSpeed license and immunity allows process limiting as new server is 8 SSD raid IOPs is no longer an issue but did cause many an issue on prior server. So can see your point but I have already found workarounds that do those features so far. While I...
  9. C

I did forget to say I already have Immunity 360 w/ KernelCare care (will add it to above post). To date never saw value in CLoudLinux over CentOS but open to be swayed if a good argument is made. So yours is 2 servers in DC via Proxmox with of site backups via cPanel to External location...
  10. C

Note willing to do a contract for 1 or 2 years if necessary or saves an amount, but as I plan to move to a cluster in less then 3 years I will probably need 1/4 rack by then. Per 1st setup trying to stay in Florida for build out reasons and not needing remote hands as much but not required...
  11. C

So far hostdimes new orlando dc but have quotes out on other 5 centers seems as the 1U 1Server is a turn off for most dc and I do understand why
  12. C

As said in 1st post I know I may need 2 amp but on simulation of 65% load still in budget if 1 amp but not by much will do more tests before sending to colo as want at least 20% buffer electrical as and most fail buffer margin so strong chance of needing 2nd amp so far I will lookup xcp-ng...
  13. C

I am nearing the end of my lease on me Dedi and have long since chosen to not renew. I am going to self host via collo but to start with only plan on 1 server. Since I do plan over next few years to expand this setup into a cluster I plan to use a hypervisor to allow for HA once able to do so. I...