Recent content by chune

1. C

OmniOS 151046 LTS (OpenSource Solaris fork/ Unix)

There was a discussion somewhere regarding the upcoming Kerberos signing changes with Microsoft and how this would affect omnios/napp-it somewhere but I cannot find it. Will AD authentication fail once this change is enforced by microsoft? What version of omni-os addresses this? Hoping to...
  2. C

am i the only one that hates 12gbps megaraid cards?

dang this would be perfect except you cant hotswap: https://www.broadcom.com/products/storage/raid-controllers/megaraid-9540-2m2
  3. C

9361s OE LSI for the most part. I think I have one that was IBM branded and ironically that’s the only one that still works. I don’t care about speed so I would be totally happy to stick with old school 6gbps stuff but the VIB thing is the sticking point. Seems like I am just generating tons...
  4. C

Oh wow, brass ones would be great! Do you have a source for these or are you pillaging them from other cards?
  5. C

Does adaptec have a VIB for raid status monitoring? Is it compatible with esxi 7 or 8?
  6. C

I am looking for RAID cards that don't suck
  7. C

I have had nothing but problems with lsagroadcom 12gbps megaraid cards. Corrupt firmware (x3), heatsink mounting pins snapping and overheating, and inability to import foreign configs. All I am using them for is a simple raid1 120gb SSD boot array for esxi. I relied on the LSI VIB in the past...
  8. C

Solaris 11.4 CBE -- free for personal and non-commercial use!

will this impact normal SMB (ie NOT netlogon) shares hosted on solarish in a domain environment? Or is the concern that new solarish boxes will not be able to join the domain until they support RPC sealing?
  9. C

appending ancient orphaned ZFS filesystem as earliest snap?

I have been using ZFS for my network shares since 2013. I keep biannual snaps indefinitely and currently I have biannual snaps from 2014-current. At some point I migrated servers and forgot to send the oldest 2013 snap first. I just came across a copy of this 2013 ZFS filesystem on some old...
  10. C

ASUS Pike II 3108 flash to stock firmware

Oh nice, it came in my Asus ESC-8000 server so as long as it has an HBA mode I should be good to pass this through to an omniOS VM for ZFS
  11. C

ASUS Pike II 3108 flash to stock firmware

So is there any way to flash the Asus Pike II 3108-8i/16pd to IT mode?
  12. C

OmniOS and SMBv1?

has anybody confirmed joining a domain works with SMBv1 disabled? I'm assuming normal CIFS fileshares work with SMBv1 disabled now too?
  13. C

omnios+nappit 10gb performance: iperf fast, zfs-send slow

Buffer did not appear to help. Weird thing is if i vmotion a VM from one AIO box to another AIO box i get the full 10gb speed. Any other suggestions?
  14. C

I have 64GB of RAM allocated to the omniOS VM, I read that more ram is preferred over a SLOG but maybe that is no longer the case. I do have sync disabled for my pools but i still get the slow speed on ZFS send. My target pool is empty and the sending pool is 50% full. I understand that my...
  15. C

begin tests .. Bennchmark filesystem: /pool01-hdd/_Pool_Benchmark Read: filebench, Write: filebench_sequential, date: 06.18.2019 begin test 4 ..singlestreamwrite.f .. begin test 4sync ..singlestreamwrite.f .. set sync=disabled begin test 7 randomread.f .. begin test 8 randomrw.f .. begin test 9...