Recent content by chromecut

1. C

Broadcom (LSI/Avago) StorCLI Verbose Help

hey mr @nezach I was hoping you or someone in the community can help me-Im trying to convert my 9500-8i to a 9540-8i Ive followed your work and progress along with some others so semi armed and dangerous Ive managed to moddify the firmware rom and sbr but need to update sub vender and product...
  2. C

IT Firmware for 9500-8I

what mode did you want it to be? it only has one mode-IT mode, jbod is more of a subset with the card defaulting to virtual SES and depending whats connected to it sas, sata or nvme triggers those default modes-12g,6g, and 16gt/s respectively so to confirm look under enclosure in your above post...
  3. C

Broadcom 9500-8i

the psoc firmware is a separate file-go back to your download link and look for PSOC-there are two additional files as you have already discovered, one is for arm processors and the other for computers running in bios mode-I think you have to be in bios mode to flash it but either way its a good...
  4. C

Broadcom - Flashing firmware and BIOS on LSI SAS HBAs - Reference Table

so does anybody read these help requests anymore? No progress on broadcom 9500 series cards? what about those specialty cables? the gurus bailed because the old tools didnt work no more? It looks like sasflsh, storeclio (oem version) ,megascu and some bios hex editing should do the trick but I...
  5. C

converting broadcom HBA 9500-8i back to MR or IR mode

update after turning the screws I received a new cmd line prompt to flash the efi rom-its EXACTLY the same but for a single word-he says the documentation will be updated soon-yeah right-they had been updates almost monthy to main bios then slowed down then out of the blue a psoc update billed...
  6. C

converting broadcom HBA 9500-8i back to MR or IR mode

I purchased a HBA 9500-8i to use with a new dual m.2 drive enclosure madde just for 9500 series both mega and HBA the card 9500-8i was used and had a bios that would allow formation of raid already based on available cmds but I couldnt get any of the storcli commands to work not realizing the...