Recent content by Chewy0645

1. C

Best configuration so TrueNAS Scale can make the most of my hardware?

I have an 8GB Rpi4. I could put the Plex container on the Pi, but that means no transcoding.
  2. C

Best configuration so TrueNAS Scale can make the most of my hardware?

I just picked up a server from the forums and can't decide how to configure TrueNAS Scale. Intel Xeon D-1541 (8 cores/16 threads), 128 GB of RAM, four 3 TB Seagate Hard Drives, two 960 GB NVME SSDs, and one 500 GB NVME SSD. I plan to use the server as (1) a home file/backup server, (2) to host...
  3. C

[WTB] New Tiny-Mini-Micro Hardware - Starting Over From Scratch

I bought the hardware from @zac1. So far, so good! OPNSense is installed and running, and I am starting the config now. Low profile NVME card arrives tomorrow and then I should have the Proxmox server up and running too!
  4. C

[FS][US-CA] Clearing out new & used Supermicro 1U systems, ships worldwide

I received my shipment from @zac1 yesterday. Wow, THAT WAS QUICK! Thank you so much! Everything is working great!
  5. C

[FS][US-CA] Clearing out new & used Supermicro 1U systems, ships worldwide

Hey @zac1 - you are getting married and I moved and am rebuilding from scratch. I have been looking at low-wattage stuff but I am willing to look at the other stuff too. Here is my post where I was told to check here -...
  6. C

I have an AT&T Gigabit Fiber. From what I am reading it looks like I will need a processor at 2.0 Ghz or faster to handle the VPN. Any hardware recommendation for the WAN router/firewall? If I had $2,500 - $3,000 then I could just go with something like the QNAP TVS-h874 and be done with it. I...
  7. C

I am in the Southeast US and starting over with a new home lab. I am limited in space, so I am looking at the Tiny-Mini-Micro as my solution. Have an RPi 4 8GB running Docker & Portainer to host ARM containers and three NetGear 8-port 1000/100/10 switches. I want to add the following...