Recent content by CHANABRA

1. CHANABRA

Original LSI SAS 9300 16i - Problem Flashing. Please Help!

LSI 9300-xx Firmware Update 16.00.12.00 Output after booting into truenas core.
  2. CHANABRA

Original LSI SAS 9300 16i - Problem Flashing. Please Help!

I also have LSI9300-16i and have been messing around with it this morning. Thanks for your post. I followed the commands you posted and noticed that although I used "sas3flash.efi -c 0 -o -e 7" the second 3008 would show up when I input "sas3flash.efi -c 1 -list" so, I went ahead and...
  3. CHANABRA

Supermicro Xeon D / FCBGA 1667 Heatsink information

I forgot to add, I currently use FrozenCPU Computer Case Cooling 80mm Directional Fan Duct - FrozenCPU.com this duct from frozen cpu with my Jag Everflow 80x32 chassis fans pulling air out and a 50x50x20 fan attached to the buf E pushing it all in...... 1. Does anyone have a really good...
  4. CHANABRA

Supermicro Xeon D / FCBGA 1667 Heatsink information

Buf-E really is a beast. I have a ASRock D-1541, only because i sniped it off ebay for 220 including tax :). I recently got a X10SDV-4C-TLN2F (i think that last part is right), and I am going to be making it a baremetal truenas server. I am currently contemplating if I want another Cooljag...
  5. CHANABRA

Onboard LSI3008 -- External HBA -- Storage on 2 Systems?

system a true nas system b cpu that offloads plex transcoding i wish to have my "media" pool showe up natively on a second system, but still be apart of the main nas. it was to my knowledge you use a sas expander on the host and a HBA on the system you wish to add the storage to. so in my case...
  6. CHANABRA

ok im thrown off again slighly, aplogies. i want to use the Adaptec Expander bcause I want a different system then my TrueNAS host to be transcoding. So I would put the above ADAPTEC 12GB/S 36 PORT SAS EXPANDER IN THE SYSTEM WITH THE TRANSCODING CPU. Then, would I NOT want an "E" card such as...
  7. CHANABRA

again thanks for your help... now would a SAS 9300-16e be able to handle the Adaptec Lenovo 36port 12gb/s SAS Expander Card? Just want to confirm I am starting to conceptually grasp this LSI stuff. It says the 9300-16E (e for external so the ports are facing outside of my case so I can route...
  8. CHANABRA

I am trying to decide on a motherboard for the i5, what is the interface for the 12gb/s sas expander
  9. CHANABRA

I appear to have been airing some ideas lol. So I currently have a System on Chip Intel Xeon D-1541 8C/16T 2.3/2.7 (i believe those spec numbers for speed) ASRock D1541DU_2T8R. I also had access to either i5-11500 or i5-11500T. I really like the ASRock board I feel it is an ideal storage board...
  10. CHANABRA

Now is there a way to Have ASROck TrueNAS + Plex Transcoding System + Pure Storage JBOD Rackmount? This would be desirable as I could have all my 3.5" HDDs in a narrower case... maybe even 450mm deep and I can get a wall mount rack and have fully enclosed and actual temp control etc...I may be...
  11. CHANABRA

@bandit8623 Thank you, very very very much ffor your response. I gained exactly what I wanted from it. I really like the other options you presented as well thank you and thank you for making it work with my specs. I like this because I kept reading about older than 3008, and was reading that...
  12. CHANABRA

I searched rosewill 4500 usb3 and found a pcie to usb card?
  13. CHANABRA

What? It comes with 15 drive bays. What are you talking about ? ?????????? Are you referring to USB bandwidth and shared with harddrives sata/sas?? Are you possibly thinking about the Optiplex? Forget that motherboard insert X motherboard upgrade that works. I have also considered maybe just...
  14. CHANABRA

ASRock D-1541_2T8R, wish it was 208R. Have an optiplex sff i5-11500. I wish to eventually have 2x Rosewill 4500U 15 bay 4u rackmount chassis. I wish for the i5-11500 to be transcoding the plex pool in it's rosewill chassis. My asrock D-1541 has onboard LSI3008, do I just need like an HP 24...