Recent content by cferra

1. C

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

gotcha - yeah i agree the CLI is the way to go. I saw some Youtube videos of the v9 UI and it looked a bit more feature complete. Have you seen it? What are your thoughts on it? Thanks! Chris
  2. C

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

I know the common rule of thumb is not to use a WebUI - but i am interested in testing it out, are there any drawbacks to attempting to update? Is there a quick how to, to upgrade and keep the current config that is setup? Thanks, Chris
  3. C

AOC-SLG3-2M2 to Bifurcate or not Bifurcate on X9DRi-LN4F+

Bifurcation and bootable uefi drivers are 2 different things. Previously - the bios had the option for bifurcation listed in the menu but the functionality was broken so one drive only showed regardless of the settings. the settings only functioned for me in that beta and the latest 3.3 bios...
  4. C

Can’t speak for that board but - echoing mizerka - the fixed bios for the Dri-f has been officially released! Also I was able to test it with an asus quad nvme card and it works perfectly!
  5. C

I have it installed but have not tried bifurcation yet - but the bios works without problems
  6. C

Oh that would be great! I think the dri-f shares the same bios as well
  7. C

Yeah - I know I saw that - I figured they were similar enough that it was worth a shot. Others are reporting success with the dri-l4nf but it’s not working for me even though I see bifurcation options in the bios. Frustrating
  8. C

I’ve got an x9dri-f and I tried to replicate your success and have not be able it to detect the 2 NVMe drives in the card. Latest bios 3.3.
  9. C

Half decent "All in One" Build

Sure - Right now I'm just keeping it simple toying with it trying to get it configured etc.. - nothing extra is installed - 4 gig Samsung ECC DDR 3 1600 MHz ram - The same OEM Inventec board as you with the onboard LSI 9211-8i SAS controller - ADATA SATA 3 SDD - I actually was finally able to...
  10. C

Can't even use it for a pfsense build - pfsense doesn't support uefi boot and no legacy mode on the bios. Ugh!
  11. C

I have recently been upgrading to 10gb so my thought was to make it a nice storage server - sis oft Sandra showed me that the blue sata ports were only running in 3gb mode even after setting the limited bios to gen 3 mode so I thought ok I'll just boot from the sas controller. Nope sorry can't...
  12. C

Looks like you are having success - I've got the same board - eBay special and for the life of me I can't seem to get it to boot windows after the install from USB drive from anything other then the onboard sata connectors. I've gotten nowhere with booting from a sata 3 hba or the onboard lsi...
  13. C

Gigabit switch recommendations

What's your budget?
  14. C

Cisco SG500x 48 on eBay with no serial number

Should I not bother, maybe go with a Ubiquiti ES-48 lite when the get back in stock?