Recent content by cathrine484

1. C

HPE EC200A Xeon D-1518 'hybrid server' on ebay ~$150

Settled on this cooling system. Works well so far.
  2. C

Which noctua fan did you go for for the heatsink fan. I've only found a 40x20mm version which seems like it would be fine with another fan jammed in there. Also are you just powering these by usb and just having them on 100% or do you have some way of using pwm for them? Appreciate the reply!
  3. C

Did you ever end up doing this? Trying to make mine as quiet as possible as it is quite close to my desk.
  4. C

Anyone know of a better way to cool these things? I keep 2 in my closet and they are a little loud. I repasted and am looking at replacement fans but all the ones I've found seem to be louder with more airflow. I am also looking at potential heatsink replacements but am not really sure where to...
  5. C

Hello, just stumbled across this thread. Still a good buy today? Would be thinking about using 3 as a proxmox cluster for various vms. I have a link for some barebones for 150+shipping and would put 16gb RDIMMs in each with a 32gb boot ssd and 2 2tb hdds. Any thing seem wrong here before I pull...