Recent content by CarlFrost

1. C

Questions regarding HP C7000 and BL465c G7

Hi, Sorry for not updating. Bought one of the above over xmas. Everything is working as it should now. Now struggling to find time to install every blade. We had a spare, older license of acronis true image which I will try to use to clone an existing install to the rest of the blades. Once...
  2. C

Ahh, I see. Ok, gonna hunt down one of those SFP-modules. I'm in Sweden so options are limited. I could order from the US but shipping + customs + VAT + ? = !. Found some on eBay from EU/UK sellers. Not specifically the models that you listed but says they are supposed to work with VC Flex...
  3. C

Yeah, the OA says there are no mezzanines. Struggling to create the network. I have created a network but not sure if it's done correctly. Guess I want it properly setup before applying the profiles to the blades. What are the steps to create a working network config? A you can see in image 1...
  4. C

Thanks for the detailed answer! May have to read through more than one time to fully digest everything. I love how my technical escapades make me learn soo many new things. Don't think there are any me mezzanines installed. At least that's what the OA says under blade information. But I can...
  5. C

Ok thanks! Unsurprisingly the rabbit hole goes deeper. I have actually only updated the OA firmware. Do I update the other components from within the OA. I remember you gave instructions for updating some component which involved flashing firmware by passing a .bin via terminal. I guess I would...
  6. C

Thanks, your help has been priceless. Greatly appreciated! Never would have gotten til this point without it. A small update. After a full Windows Update and 3 KB patches all of the VC++ Redists installed fine. I now have Cinrma 4D running on an "unsupported OS". Had to copy the whole Cinema4D...
  7. C

The reason for installing Server 2019 or Win 10 is because Maxon Cinema 4D, which I intend to run on the blades for rendering, have dropped support for any Windows version prior to Windows 10. Have installed Windows Server 2012 R2 to a VM on my workstation now, gonna see if I can find a way of...
  8. C

Installed Server 2019 on another blade. Still no drivers for the NICs or iLO. Two storage drivers missing as well. Tried a bunch of drivers, one being the one you linked. Not picked up by the ethernet controller. Even tried the manual way through extract and pointing to that dir. I've read...
  9. C

Yes, your assumptions are correct, no network. Got myself a usb -> ethernet but unable to find drivers the easy way. The ethernet controller is the NIC // ven_19a2 dev0700 // "Emulex HP NC550SFP Dual Port 10GbE Server Adapter" The base system device is the iLO // ven103c dev3307 // "Integrated...
  10. C

Ok, successfully installed Windows 10 on one blade. Ended up using the SUV cable. Only 3 devices showing missing drivers in device manager. 2 Ethernet devices and one System driver. Looking at the HPE support page, all drivers are labeled for Windows Server. Will they install on a non-server...
  11. C

Ok, sweet. These blades only have one hdd slot. I have some experience of setting up raid arrays. Configured a Dell DR6000 about a year ago. Hopefully I'll sort it out. If the blades allow for it (drivers and such) I would prefer to install a Win 10 Pro. I plan on using the blades for rendering...
  12. C

Unfortunately it looks like my model is not supported :( The VC Flex 10/10D is supported but mine is VC Flex 10 Enet. But on a happier note, I got into a console using Java. The reason why it crashed earlier I believe was because I tried running it from a temp dir instead of downloading the...
  13. C

Ok, cool. Still struggling to get java working in Firefox. IE 11 does not want to accept Flash 25. Says a more recent version is already built in. Would installing an older version of IE work? This does not apply to my VC Flex model right...
  14. C

@simoncorner Thanks! Maybe best to block this computer from WAN :) Would installing an Win XP help? As a dedicated admin station. // C
  15. C

Got it working! I have created and applied profiles through the wizard (everything at default). Managed to connect to a blade web admin via iLO. However cant seem to connect to a console. I see there are different consoles. .NET, Java, Java-applet. The only button that actually responds is the...