According to the feedback, that's not the first time he's done it
  2. C

EU Amazon FR: WD My Book Duo 24TB €510

Yeah, but duos have regular wd reds inside, while this is white label hgst
  3. C

EU Amazon FR: WD My Book Duo 24TB €510

Seems like a good deal https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B07W5V8GC9
  4. C

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

I've just received 7150 from ebay, and looks like it won't go past bootloader: Ruckus Wireless Bootloader: 10.1.11T225 (Dec 13 2017 - 03:13:30 -0800) Booted from partition 1 DRAM: Validate Shmoo parameters stored in flash ..... OK Any idea what is wrong and if anything can be done here...
  5. C

Slow read speed for large files

OK, great, those are actually expected figures for your pool configuration, and apparently the issue is with the network part. I'm not a huge solaris/samba expert, but perhaps this could help? https://napp-it.org/doc/downloads/performance_smb2.pdf
  6. C

So assuming that you did clear ARC between "write" and "read" you've got 660MB/s read with 256k recordsize and 1.1GB/s read with 1M recordsize?
  7. C

Are you getting the same result when reading that file locally (with dd) with empty ARC?
  8. C

L2ARC would have zero impact on your streaming read perfomance unless data has already been read. what is the ashift value for this pool (zdb -C <pool_name> | grep ashift)? when you reading that large file what is an actual IO size (zpool iostat -rp 1 in ZoL)? maybe you can put here all current...
  9. C

Try tuning your prefetcher -- start with "echo 67108864 > /sys/module/zfs/parameters/zfetch_max_distance"
  10. C

AOC-SLG3-2M2 to Bifurcate or not Bifurcate on X9DRi-LN4F+

It is dated 5/23/2018, but I'm not sure if it has been there since that date. Anyways, after upgrading to 3.3 it is possible to choose bifurcation mode in bios -- but that I tried with ruexe tool without success -- and it actually works now.
  11. C

Update: it works with the recent BIOS update
  12. C

It doesn't work on latest BIOS -- indeed only top NVME drive is visible. bifurcation control is grayed out, and setting it manually by ruexe tool doesn't seem to work.