Recent content by Cape

1. C

Mounting 2xMCP-320-81302-0B (Supermicro 1U fan holder)

Hey! The MCP-320-81302-0B fan holder for Supermicro SC505-203B and supposedly possible to stick two together by snapping of the sides. Does anyone know how to actually do that? There's two "locks" on each side, and the plastic seems quite fragile - I feel like I'll break it. What's the trick?
  2. C

SE3016 console commands?

So, here goes. When the device is turned on, there's the banner and prompt from my first post. For each command, I'll post the help page and then sample output. This is a bit long, but hopefully helps someone. Top level help: cli> help Commands are designed in the following format: OBJECT ->...
  3. C

SE3016 console commands?

The immediately useful bit for me was temperature monitoring. I'm away from the lab this week, but I can dump the command list and some sample output when I'm back home.
  4. C

SE3016 console commands?

Some progress! I needed to disable hardware flow control on my serial connection, now I'm able to interact with the cli.
  5. C

SE3016 console commands?

Thanks! However, I don't have an ethernet attached one, I just have a serial connection, so the first steps don't seem to apply. Do you get the same banner on connecting as I pasted above, or is it completely different there too?
  6. C

SE3016 console commands?

Hey, I have a SE3016 which I'm trying to get the console working on. Anyone had any luck with that? When I start the shelf I get a welcome banner like this ************************************************ * SAS JBOD CONSOLE v1.02.0300.27 *...
  7. C

Proxmox Space Requirements

Do note that the installer doesn't like too small root devices. I tried installing on an 8GB SATADOM I had lying around, and it refused to proceed. You can probably get around it with some trick, or just dd it to another drive after setup, but the happy path does not support small drives.
  8. C

DL380 Gen9 HDD Backplane Power Pinouts

I actually did a similar thing with an older gen HP backplane. I managed to find some pictures of it hooked up to the normal power supply (I did not have the original server, I bought the backplanes separately) and then assumed that they followed normal ATX color codings (ATX - Wikipedia). It...
  9. C

Proxmox networking guidance

Btw, I did have to go back an disable the offload when I finally got everything working. Speed tests with ~1 Mbps instead of 800+ Mbps... So thanks for pointing that out in advance :)
  10. C

Disable proxmox host ipv6 dhcp on WAN port

I migrated a node from ESXi to Proxmox today which among other things has a pfSense VM, and therefore a WAN port. I've set the WAN port up as a normal OVS bridge and passed it to pfsense, and everything works as expected. However, I just noticed that the vmbr interface on the Proxmox host...
  11. C

*Finally* found the problem... My own doing, of course. Since I'm in the migration process from ESXi, I've set up proxmox side-by-side with my old lab, which still has the pfsense acting as router/gateway for the mangement network. When setting up a new pfSense install, it seems it expects it to...
  12. C

This is beginning to look the case. Started up a Linux VM and was able to reach both in and out... Will try an older pfsense image and see if there's a problem with the latest
  13. C

Did some more digging now. I cannot access the ui, so I don't really have a way to disable offload... I can however do tcpdump via the console. So I have had tcpdumps on my laptop, the proxmox host, and on the pfsense VM. I can see ping/curl etc coming in to pfsense (ie showing up in all three...
  14. C

Ah, cool. I'll try that tonight! But this is causing packet loss? I seem to be unable to even route to the VM, though. Should it be that severe packet loss?
  15. C

Decreased performance when adding switch

Nope, no support for it even.