Recent content by calvinz360

1. C

ESXI 6(.5) - OSX with GPU Passthrough

I tried to boot a fresh VM installation with Sierra but went into a kernel panic boot loop, since I'm already on 6.5U1 it should've been supporting OSX guest out of the box already correct ?
  2. C

Troubleshooting GPU passthrough ESXi 6.5

On my second run after reinstalling Debian 9.1x64 and updating to custom kernel 4.12.3, it was able to load the BIOS and GPU [ 9.106729] [drm] radeon kernel modesetting enabled. [ 9.309081] radeon 0000:0b:00.0: enabling device (0000 -> 0003) [ 9.311513] radeon 0000:0b:00.0: BAR 6...
  3. C

Thanks ! I manage to incorporate the file and understand the sections to be updated within it and compile the kernel. However I'm still hitting errors :( 0b:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Oland PRO [Radeon R7 240/340] DeviceName: pciPassthru0...
  4. C

Definitely appreciate that if you can pass me the modified copy. At the same time I could learn on fiddling with the kernel. ;)
  5. C

when I tried to patch with the file it gave me this output which required me to provide a file to patch ~# patch -p1 < ~/radeon.patch can't find file to patch at input line 3 Perhaps you used the wrong -p or --strip option? The text leading up to this was: -------------------------- |---...
  6. C

Thanks for the info. Would you mind shedding some light on how do I perform the patch on the kernel as I'm not so proficient in the nix world :( I was able to obtain the kernel source but not sure how to proceed beyond that. I do noticed there were multiple patch files within 26891 – Radeon...
  7. C

Is your setup running on 16.04 ? or it needs something older since the thread is backdated till 2010-13
  8. C

I am currently trying to figure out why my ubuntu guest (16.04 server x64) is not able to INIT the passthrough GPU (AMD R7 240) Before we begin, here's my host specs Intel i7-3770 AsRock Fatal1ty Z68 Professional (VT and VT-d enabled) Sapphire AMD R7 240 (Oland), as primary display on host ESX...