Recent content by cafcwest

1. cafcwest

AEON Mining Performance

I think I forgot I was in the AEON thread here....just making sure I'm on the same page, above numbers are AEON, correct?
  2. cafcwest

AEON Mining Performance

That number seems a bit...ambitious. I have no direct experience with that chip, but with my 4x Opteron 6276 machines I get just a touch over 500H/s per processor.
  3. cafcwest

Another new coin that I mined for fun, talk about a ride.

Mining a joke coin, this was always the risk. I'll sit on my stack in the even more off chance that it ever becomes something. And of course, rocking my t-shirt - it has already lead to a few fun conversations.
  4. cafcwest

CryptUnit.com A Cryptonote Mining Profitability Calculator & Tools site (BETA)

Care to share your thoughts on it/why you decided to throw mining power at it?
  5. cafcwest

Monero Mining Performance

No, I'm bare metal, Ubuntu 16.04, combined XMR-Stak. I have configured huge pages and run the miner with a privileged account. With the 16 blades, I have over 250 data points and the 14 Ubuntu machines have on average done 23% worse Hs/sec than the two Windows 2016 machines. Identical...
  6. cafcwest

I've got 16 mining systems on Ubuntu 16.04 currently that inconsistently do 60-80% of what the same hardware does under Windows Server 2016. Being a bit of a Linux novice, anything you can put together would be massively appreciated.
  7. cafcwest

FS: Dell/Supermicro Servers, Samsung RAM/SSDs and Juniper Switches

Received my 50X 4GB DDR3 sticks on Friday. Packaging was ridiculously well done, all the sticks were in a nice RAM container hold and all in the same direction (satisfied my OCD, and made loading the servers easier) and all are working. Solid transaction - thanks!
  8. cafcwest

FREE: Celestix 2U x86 network appliance with SAS, 8 x 1GbE, etc

That thing is pretty - reminds me a little bit of Apple XServes
  9. cafcwest

Optimising performance AMD 6200 for Monero

The 16 core chips are the 627x and 628x chips. These chips have 16MB L2 + 12MB L3. Four processors, 112MB total /2 = 56 cores for mining. I have a 4P system with 6276s and I get 2050H/s with the latest XMR-Stak.
  10. cafcwest

BLUF: looking for ability to run 3MB cache /thread in a XMR miner to maximize cache usage. Somewhat unique hardware situation here (aren't I always that 'special duck'), and I'm hoping to solicit some advice before moving over to a miner developer support forum. CPUs: 2x Intel, 10core (has...
  11. cafcwest

Mining with Opteron Servers

I have not yet Patrick as I've been reinvesting XMR into infrastructure. I've also not made the math make sense yet. I'll hit you up in one of the AEON threads with my thoughts/questions.
  12. cafcwest

Mining with Opteron Servers

An explanation, and a huge thank you sir. Explanation: These chips have 16MB L2 + 12MB L3. Two processors, 56MB total /2 = 28 cores. Thank you: I have a 4P system with Opteron 6200s, and had been running Wolfs on Ubuntu for the last 6+ months as no other miner in Windows could deliver...
  13. cafcwest

XMR: Moving from Minergate to mineXMR

Yup, it all makes sense now. I found my MyMonero wallet that I had mined into for the two days at 0.491992321154 XMR. Going to hit it for 2 hours with my beefiest server to push it up to 0.5 - hopefully make that adjustment and get paid out, then switch back over to new wallet. Darn shame...
  14. cafcwest

Hey Marsh, if you check back, is there something I need to do to 'apply' the personal threshold field? Made the change here but the page refreshes every few minutes and go back to the default 2XMR value.
  15. cafcwest

Doh! I knew it had to be something super obvious. Thanks Marsh!