Recent content by BThunderW

1. BThunderW

$127 Cisco ENCS5412/K9 Xeon-D 1557 (12 core), 32G ram

With a 10G add-on card this would make one helluva pfSense box
  2. BThunderW

EU EU/Ger - Quanta TS42-2U 4node scalable (pure compute)

Good point! But I've seen versions of these with drive bays floating around ebay
  3. BThunderW

With Proxmox on these you could easily run Ceph so no central storage needed.
  4. BThunderW

Would be great to see if any QSFP mezzanine nics would be compatible with these, could build a pretty killer Proxmox cluster with a few of these.
  5. BThunderW

Does anyone have any experience with these? This looks like good upgrade from the Dell C6220, as long as it can run a VMWare or Proxmox cluster without too much tinkering.
  6. BThunderW

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

I replaced my fans with Noctua NF-A4x20 FLX fans. They're a bit pricey but damn near silent, I have it sitting next to me and I can't hear it at all. The switch does report the fans as failed tho.
  7. BThunderW

P420i and SSDs

Thanks for the heads up. I've scored a few DL360p's on ebay for cheap and was looking to turn them into FreeNAS boxes for vmware san. I got the passthrough enabled but haven't had much chance to do real stress testing.
  8. BThunderW

[SOLD] Mellanox ConnectX-3 MCX354A 40/56Gb Dual Port -- $15/ea shipped

The original listing says that there were 31 for sale but the auction sold 14. Might be prudent to message the seller and ask if he's got more.
  9. BThunderW

[SOLD] Mellanox ConnectX-3 MCX354A 40/56Gb Dual Port -- $15/ea shipped

Thanks for this! Offered the seller $10, he countered with $13. In for half a dozen.
  10. BThunderW

$25 400GB HP/Samsung MLC SATA SSDs

In for a few. Thanks!
  11. BThunderW

Not sure if it was mentioned on this thread or not. I'm looking to connect two of these boxes via SFP to Ethernet 10GBaseT modules in order to utilize Cat-6 already in the house. Can anyone recommend some decent bang-for-the-buck transceivers?
  12. BThunderW

Gah, that's unfortunate. I guess I'll have to be content with measly 1Gbps ;)
  13. BThunderW

Could someone shed some light on my issue? I have a 2.5G GPON OLT module plugged into one of the SFP+ ports. The module will not negotiate a connection unless the port is set to 1G. My FTTH connection is 1.5G, trying to get it to utilize the full connection speed. Is there a way to set the port...
  14. BThunderW

Intel S3700 400gb $50 OBO

Damn, looking for about 20 of these. This would have been an awesome price to snag at
  15. BThunderW

Powering HP ProLiant SL230/250s nodes as stand-alone

I can see if I can get a board to POST via a 12V feed outside of the chassis when I find some free time in the near future.