Recent content by brianmc

1. brianmc

pfSense on Proxmox What Does Networking Look Like?

I'm thinking maybe I have this in the wrong section. Here's the setup: WAN | em0 | external network br0 1.x.x.x | | pfs1vm pfs2vm | | internal network br1 10.1.1.x The pfSense VMs I get. Ideally, I'd want...
  2. brianmc

Some information about HP T620 Plus Flexible Thin Client machines for network appliance builds...

Thanks! I've got it open. Surprisingly, extremely easy to do. Way easier than your average Supermicro.
  3. brianmc

Some information about HP T620 Plus Flexible Thin Client machines for network appliance builds...

I'm not great at these things. Mine arrived. How do I open it?
  4. brianmc

pfSense on Proxmox What Does Networking Look Like?

Hey everyone. I'm trying to wrap my head around running pfSense in a VM. I get external network to the NIC passed through to the VM. Internal NIC to the Linux bridge. VM's are on this bridge so that's OK too. What IP is the Proxmox host then? I'm totally confused on this part.
  5. brianmc

Expect 8-Core LGA 1151 Intel Xeon E Server SKUs Soon

Now AMD needs Ryzen with ECC to compete!
  6. brianmc

AMD EPYC 7401P running temperatures

I'm a fellow EPYC deployer and agree with @MiniKnight @EffrafaxOfWug and @chilipepperz
  7. brianmc

If you have the TP-Link T1700G-28TQ switch...

What's the verdict on TPlink?
  8. brianmc

AMD EPYC 7601 2 avail $2500 ea

There's best offer available. Someone must!!!
  9. brianmc

How slow are the timings on your DDR4 ECC RAM?

Yea the timings go up but the clock rate goes up as well.
  10. brianmc

1.92TB Toshiba SATA SSD 1DWPD Under 400

Isn't the Crucial consumer PLP totally fake PLP? I've always thought the "real" PLP is the normal one that when power is cut can dump data from the on-drive DRAM to NAND safely.
  11. brianmc

Best Bootable dvd image

You can install just about any Linux utility on Ubuntu DT.
  12. brianmc

Cheap 1U PCIe M.2 Riser - why don't they exist?

@Patrick I don't need but I can see where I'd might one day. If you buy 12 and decide you don't need 2 I'll take them from you.