Recent content by brendanz

1. B

LSI RAID Controller - HBA Equivalency Mapping

Very impressive!! This will help a lot. I think the formatting is fine as it is now in that latest post. Easy to read and searchable, Google should pick it up quickly.
  2. B

4K/Green/5200-7200/ ...-Questions

My apologies for digging up such an old thread (12 months old to the day), but I had a question about this drive and the LSI 9260-8i controller. I have just read this thread on Hardforum as well http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1285254 Basically, I am in the unfortunate position of...
  3. B

Has anyone got experience with the Cisco UCS branded LSI cards? I started looking for the 9260-8i and came across a whole bunch of Cisco branded LSI cards and they are around $200 less than their LSI branded counterparts. http://www.shopbot.com.au/m/?m=lsi+9260-8i&order=lh&p1=&p2= They are...
  4. B

Thanks Patrick, I'll do that and let you all know how it goes :)
  5. B

1) Basically a SAS expander acts as a multiplier... You are correct in that you can only connect one SAS expander to on the card directly (as there is only one port), but you could then "daisy chain" additional SAS expanders to the SAS expander originally connected to the card. Kinda confusing I...
  6. B

I was going to post this in a new thread, but seeing as this thread speaks about the Intel cards I thought I may just keep it in here. It's been a (very) long time coming but I am finally ready to take the plunge and buy a bunch of new kit for my storage server upgrade . I have already...
  7. B

Intel C202, C204, C206 Xeon E3 Bromolow Motherboards Thread

Thanks very much for the reply Odditory. Fantastic stuff. Looks like I'll probably move ahead with the purchase of this board. Wish I could have an x16 PCIe and an x8 PCIe at the same time though!! Ah well. Edit: Oh, before I buy it I might just see if anyone has had success with the 2x8GB...
  8. B

Intel C202, C204, C206 Xeon E3 Bromolow Motherboards Thread

Quick question, Has anyone used an Areca 1880i on the Asus P8B-WS board? Any success? I've heard about some major issues with LSI cards in this board, just hoping that the Areca may be a bit better?? Also, someone mentioned something about the guy over at Anandtech with 32GB in his...
  9. B

Quick question on SAS2008 based RAID cards.

Bump :) if someone could help me out with this last bit of info I'd appreciate it as I am about to go through with my purchase of my new server :) Thanks!! :)
  10. B

Thanks for quick response! Hmmmm. I've got around 6 WD Caviar 2tb green drives, though in the future i plan on buying Deskstar 5400RPM 3tb drives. Ok, another question for you if you don't mind! With the 12Gbps of bandwidth, I would guess that this would be enough for me if it was shared 100%...
  11. B

I've got a question about the bandwidth usage on SAS2008 based controller cards. I plan on building this on a Windows box, with RAID5, for a cheap, high capacity storage solution with a Norco 4224. I've recently purchased a 36 port HP SAS Expander from Odditory, and I'm looking to pair it up...