Recent content by brandonneur

1. B

WTB: RJ-45 ethernet switch 2.5gigabit or faster, minimum 4 ports

yeah, wasn't sure exactly how many 2.5g needed since you referenced the Microtik, which didn't have any 2.5g. no worries! and i'm guessing 2.5g is in short supply because there's too many options, 1g, 2.5g, 5g and 10g. With 10g having been widely available, already proven, and into 3rd gen+...
  2. B

WTB: RJ-45 ethernet switch 2.5gigabit or faster, minimum 4 ports

for multi-gig the Zyxel XGS1210-12 represents a good value at ~$180. 8x 1G, 2x 2.5G, 2x 1G/10G SFP. they make an unmanaged version in the XGS1010-12 that's ~$150. Zyxel XGS1210-12
  3. B

[WTB] Rack Road Case

have you looked at Gator cases? New can be had for $200. I have a used one i can let go of for half that + $25 shipping. can get you pictures if interested. thanks! Gator G-Pro 6U
  4. B

Aruba s2500 spanning tree topology change issues

Hey guys (and a few gals presumably), wanted to post here and see if anyone can assist as I am fairly in the weeds. I am in the process of upgrading my network to 10g and started by purchasing 2x Aruba S2500-24P due to recommendations from the forum. I got them both reset and upgraded per...
  5. B

Aruba MAS series SFP+ & POE+ switches sub-$100

Hey forumites....long time lurker here....had to hop on and give kudos for this thread so far. Thanks @cheezehead for starting the thread, and shoutout to @ViciousXUSMC for the excellent videos, both in content and in production. Your contributions are appreciated throughout. I am in the...