Recent content by Bradliam1

1. B

How to make the most of a 1.15Gbps (Gig1) Virgin Media ISP

@ragingwhisky The router should detect it automatically, make sure you've connected port 6 and 7 on the mikrotik to the wan port and Lan port 1 on the Netgear. Did you make sure to reset with no default config on the mikrotik and paste the whole config in the mikrotik terminal? Might be worth...
  2. B

@ragingwhisky You have the same setup as me, I got the mikrotik RB4011iGS+RM, almost certain that's the cheapest way to do it, around £160 on amazon. Just set it up like I have and it will work, I cant get more than 600mbps over Wi-Fi with that router so you will need a pc with a 2.5gbps...
  3. B

Figured it out, was a Windows issue causing the slow speed, reset my pc and got 1125mbps down. For anyone interested, to make this work you don't need to mess around with firewalls or anything, just need to bond the ethernet ports from the modem using balance-rr, and bridge them with the output...
  4. B

Not sure what's going on with mine then, I've got a mikrotik rb4011 with 2 bonds in a bridge, balance-rr to the modem and 802.11ad to my Netgear rax120. Pretty much the same setup to @chris6273. The 802.11ad link to the router is splitting traffic equally but the balance-rr is preferring one...
  5. B

@ChuckMountain Is this still working for anyone? I've got it all set up with balance-rr but it it seems to be balancing upload, download just seems to go through one ethernet port