Recent content by bood

1. B

m.2 PCIe adapter in Supermicro x9 motherboards?

Nope lol. I tried the v2 in my X9DRi-F on the latest BIOS. I can get it to see one SSD only. Tried every combination of slots and bifurcation setting in the BIOS. Keeping it for if/when I build a Ryzen desktop or upgrade the server to a v4 Xeon.
  2. B

Thank you, I actually just checked back into this thread to reply to the other comment and confirm that the V2 version of the card didn't work for me.
  3. B

Supermicro X9DRi-F - Xeon E5 v2 support?

Unfortunately not. I do actually have options visible for my 16x slots and even some of the 8x slots, but none appear to be functional.
  4. B

X8DTU-F and NVME / UEFI booting

The X8 series didn't have UEFI at all, that's a traditional BIOS. On the X9 series, you can hack the UEFI and add an NVME module - or use one of the NVME SSDs that had a legacy storage OpROM (Samsung 950 PRO, Plextor M8Pe, there may have been others, those are the two I've used successfully)...
  5. B

Sorry, I forgot to get back to you. Rev 1.11a EDIT - wow, same exact revision. You should be OK!
  6. B

I can see X9DR CARD Rev BIG CARD lol. Tried to see if I could finagle it with loupes. I'm shutting it down tonight to install the rear hot-swap bays and clean up some cabling. And potentially create some labgore installing this: on this: I'll let you know what revision my board is...
  7. B

Sorry my dude, if it's silk screened on the motherboard, I can't see it - all of the expansion slots are populated. None of the software I tried reported any motherboard revisions, CPU-Z and HWiNFO. Their website doesn't mention anything about different HW revisions affecting V2 compatibility...
  8. B

How did you do it? I have V2 of the ASUS card, double checked that I enabled bifurcation on the correct port/slot by referring to the block diagram for my X9DRi-F (X9DR3-F would also apply, difference is just in the SCU). Set it to 4x4x4x4, installed an Intel 760p and two Samsung 950 PRO in...
  9. B

Supermicro X11(S|D)Px bifurcation

Did this work for you? I have an X9DRi-F that exposes the same BIOS options, tried toggling them all, matched the block diagram to the slot, nada. It can only see 1 SSD. I don't care about booting from them, I know that would require adding an NVMe module to the UEFI (read: BIOS modding).
  10. B

I have an X9DRi-F with dual E5-2530 v2 processors running right now. Granted, they're ES, and I updated to the latest BIOS before I received them, but it works fine.