Recent content by BobTB

1. B

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

ok, thank you both for explaining. Can you recommend any other cheap 10GB RJ45 which do show up ?
  2. B

I finally put my ICX 6610-48 to "production" with four Mikrotik 10G RJ45 transceivers. When connected to Intel X550 link goes up, seems to work - the port shows as 1/3/1 - Up - Forward Full 10G When I type show media in the console of the switch, it does show the ports 1/3/1 to as EMPTY. Is...
  3. B

Sale - Ram - HDD - SSD

I received 13 x - 16GB 2Rx4 PC3L-12800R-11-13-E2 from him, installed it and it works, great to have 192GB RAM in server , thx!
  4. B

It does not work for me. Is there any way to "debug" the port connectivity, does anyone know how?
  5. B

I think my problem with 1G M-LX(SFP transciever not getting the link up at all, has something to do with the port setting. I can not set 1GB Auto or Slave or whatever, as I get the: "Only Speed-duplex 10g-full or 1000-full-master are allowed on this port" How can I set one of the ICX-6610 SPF+...
  6. B

In 6610-48, I inserted a single mode, duplex transceiver, show media shows it as Port 1/3/1: Type : 1G M-LX(SFP) When I connect the cable, nothing happens. I tried swapping the A an B, waiting a minute etc... but link never goes up.I have factory reset the switch, and touched nothing else but...
  7. B

Does this not open up the switch to the internet? How to make sure I will not get the ssh/webinterface etc on wan, but on lan only
  8. B

I have came up with an idea to use my 6450-48 to connect fibre from my ISP (I have a /27 subnet) on a vlan (6 ports or so) and then connect it to the virtual pfsense, and out of that to the other vlan on which all other 42 ports of the switch will be. Taking care that is no routing between...
  9. B

Is there a way to see the total running hours of these switches in their lifetime, not just the uptime?
  10. B

The problem is, that in the zip files on the "how to" site there is no S firmware. I found a firmware on the ruckus website, but it is version 08030r which is older than 08030t. Does aoyone knows where I can get the latest "S" firmware?
  11. B

In the guide for flashing the firmware ther is ICX6430 / ICX6450 section, since I have two ICX6430, can I actually flash the ICX64R08030t.bin to it? Is there also ICX64S08030t.bin ?
  12. B

Onine (Double Conversion) UPS-es

Hope this is the correct place for my question. I have been using APC UPS units now for 15 years at least but the best I had was 2200 Smart UPS, line interactive. Now I went to look for a double-conversion UPS and found there are actually a lot of different manufactures. I did not know there...
  13. B

Thank you for the info. As far as for the cable, it was friday afternoon, I got the switch deliverd, and could not wait for a week or so to get the cable from amazon. As I never had such a cable I just had to make it to try to get to the switch somehow :)
  14. B

I went beserk and bought 5 ICX swithces on ebay in last week, One 6610-24 , two 6430-48p, one 6450-24p and one 6430-24. All have BASE_SOFT_PACKAGE. What is actually missing in 6430 models with this license? I know they are only 1GB but this still works for me great. Stacking 6610 with 6450...