Recent content by BobS

1. B

Topton Jasper Lake Quad i225V Mini PC Report

Found this. They made the motherboard. If you encounter any product hardware after-sales problems, please contact: Contact person: Xiaofeng Tel: 18046947998 (working hours: 08:00-19:00) Email: cs@changwang.com Technology QQ group: 468838001
  2. B

Forgot to ask. What do you see on the monitor when booting. Does it post or just a blank screen?
  3. B

Do you know how to enter the BIOS/UEFI? Most likely you keep hitting the DEL key while it boots but it could be an ESC key or an F key to get into the BIOS. Usually, the last page where you Save any BIOS setting changes, there is also a "Load Defaults" selection - do that. If you can't get...
  4. B

Have a similar model but have not had that type of problem on mine but try: 1. Reinstall the BIOS <<< It does sound like the BIOS/UEFI got borked 2. Remove one stick of memory and try booting. 3. If that doesn't work, swap the other module into that position 4. Rinse and repeat with the second...
  5. B

This is a post I made when I got the HUSN version with the N6005 to fix the thermals. Difference in what you have is that I removed the copper block. removed the paint and reassembled as per my post...
  6. B

HUNSN Model RJ03L w/N6005 V5 w/4 i226V NICs

I can't guarantee that this will work for your system but the cable assy is a Dupont Pico 4 wire 1.25mm pitch female connector to a 2.54mm male connector. I found this on AliExpess and it looks to be one that will work but it's not an exact match to the one shown in the photo's above...
  7. B

It is a punch-out relief. If you press on it on the opposite sides of the two hinges and press down lightly, you should see that it is only holding on by the two hinge points. Simply bend it back and forth and it will break loose. BobS
  8. B

Sweet....;-) Your temps are good and having idle temps in low 40's after saturating the case is about as good as it gets without a case mounted fan. Making me want to buy a couple of flat heat pipes and mill a couple of grooves in both the case and copper heatsink. A bit of thermal epoxy to...
  9. B

I have the 4 port version (RJ03L model) and to try and answer your fan question, the internal connector is a male pico connector and accepts a 1.25 pitch Dupont female 4 pin connector. I got my unit from HUNSN and they shipped 2 fans (80x10mm and 40x10mm) along with two cables that convert the...
  10. B

If you do decide to make some heatsink modifications, please take some photo's of the process. That would be very interesting to see. That 110 alloy is very good as a heatsink and expensive.
  11. B

My father was a tool and die maker, so yes to your question but do you have the tools and expertise to do it? I think if the gap between the CPU and the heat sink is minimized in ways already mentioned and a good quality thermal paste is used you'll get maximum transfer of heat to the case. A...
  12. B

No, I only have one internal fan running and it connects to the 4 pin Dupont Pico connector on the motherboard. That connector provides 12v and being 4 pin, provides for PWM speed control. I did testing with both internal and external fans, The external fan was connected to one of the external...
  13. B

Well you certainly must know someone...;-) Free shipping ... and fans! I did some experimenting with the fan profiles and found that the default profile worked spot on during my stress testing. The 80mm runs silent during normal operation. Run Prime95 if you want to get it cranking but even...
  14. B

I have a Minisforums HX90 mini that has a i226 NIC. I found my TP Link switch was constantly dropping back to 100MB speed. Updating the firmware on the switch and manually setting the port speed to 1000MB as you did, solved the problem for me. As for the fans. The shipping cost was $15USD for...
  15. B

You didn't state how you have this connected in your network or what software it is running. If it's pfSense, then only the beta version 2.7 supports the i226V NICs which I am testing with - not version 2.6. Opnsense supports i226V Nics and when I tested with that software, the NIC's worked...