Recent content by bndr

1. B

Topton Jasper Lake Quad i225V Mini PC Report

So, an update. I resolved the power and stability issues by using a higher spec power supply. I also found a couple more DIMMs to try and found out that the DIMM slot issue was a module compatibility problem. I'm now running it in dual-channel with no issues. The first set of memory I used was...
  2. B

My issues had to do with the power supply that was provided. The CPU was too power-hungry for the power supply. Limiting the CPU to use a max of 28W in BIOS was a solution.
  3. B

I just found a higher rated 12V power supply, so now trying Prime95 with the PL back up to 38W. Box fan on. Stable so far. It still averages about 28W and the average clock is only marginally higher (3.59GHz). Avg. temp. 67C (max 77). So seems you're not really leaving any performance on the...
  4. B

I had some trouble with the Intel driver installer and had to use the zip and manually install the drivers.
  5. B

That sounds intuitive, but it's the other way around: Intel 10th Gen CPU Power Consumption Explained: PL1, PL2, and Tau | Hardware Times
  6. B

Australia here. I've heard similar reports for EU though.
  7. B

From where I am, most packages from Aliexpress arrive in 1-2 weeks. Only rarely get something that takes closer to a month. The delivery estimate is always about a month out anyway though. I've ordered enough to see a bit of their shipping machinations. It seems most packages go from the...
  8. B

I'm doing a Prime95 run with CPU PL1 set to 22W and PL2 set to 30W in the BIOS. It's pulling 38W at the wall while CPU Package Power is at 22W. So far, it's stable and the cores average about 3.0GHz at 50C (with max recorded at 62C). This is on its side with the bottom plate off and a box fan...
  9. B

Follow-up with some power at the wall data for this i3-1115G4 system. It consumes about 11W sitting idle on the Windows desktop. With higher load I'll see power at the wall up to about 25W playing the same Youtube video. I also ran Memtest86+ for 24 hours with all passes and no errors. The...
  10. B

It is an Engineering Sample. Higher temperature will always lead to less stability, all else being equal. Instability with stock settings below 70C is certainly out of spec, of course. I have it crunching Metmtest86+ now, will report. So far it has one pass.
  11. B

Some power data. This is the CPU Package Power from HWiNFO, not power at the wall. I made sure C states are enabled in BIOS, profile is set to "Maximum Non-Turbo Performance" (which was the default). Haven't really touched the BIOS settings otherwise. Sitting idle at the desktop with only...
  12. B

And a snap of the power brick label they sent me. Supposedly... LITEON, Model PA-1480-5M04, Part No 524475-063, Efficiency Level V
  13. B

Here's a HWINFO snap too
  14. B

The i3-1115G4 system I ordered from Topton just arrived today. This was the listing: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004514115494.html I ordered barebones, and have put a Samsung 512GB NVMe drive in. I also have a PNY 2x8GB DDR4 3200 kit which I tried to install, but found that only the...
  15. B

Sure thing. Patrick mentioned in one of the video reviews that the power brick for these tends not to be very efficient. What are people replacing them with?