Recent content by blackbit

1. B

Searching for small Ryzen system with 3x NVMe and ECC

Those approaches aren't really what I had in mind. Of course one can build something on basis of a random ITX mainboard and PCIe to NVMe adapters. Most ITX mainboards need ATX power supplies, at least those suggested above. Those are large and need a fan themselves in virtually all cases. A 90°...
  2. B

Okay. the 40mm fans look noisy though.
  3. B

I see just one M.2 slot on the motherboard. Do you suggest to use a PCIe to NVMe adapter for the other two?
  4. B

I wouldn't mind having to use own of these flat-flex extensions and mount the third M.2 somewhere in the case myself, though with this connector there is no way to secure anything in it. PITA doesn't cut it in my opinion, it's not usable. Also no ECC as you say. So, the conclusion is that the...
  5. B

M.2 would be preferrable, though I'll take a system with U.2 if you can name any that has the mentioned properties.
  6. B

Hi! First post here, asking for advise. I have a desire for a small system with the following properties: * 3x NVMe (why? I want to do ZFS RAID-Z) * ECC memory (For peace of mind. Ryzen systems seem to be more likely to support ECC than intel-based systems, hence I am shooting for that) *...