Recent content by berndh

1. B

SAS 3008 PCIe3.0 x4 only, why not x8 lanes???

Update: After getting a local HBA it works nicely with PCIE3.0 x8. So the card is indeed defective. I've gotten my money back and the seller even paid for the return costs. Very good seller. @llowrey, thanks for all the great support. Topic can be closed.
  2. B

Btw, my config, a little different from yours (the bios seems to be different, the FW seems to be the same) : ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Controller information ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Controller...
  3. B

Update: I removed the HBA and put it into a Gigabyte B550i Aurus Pro AX with Ryzen 4650g processor in the only available x16 slot that system has and it also turns up as a PCIE3.0 x4 card. It was immediately recognized by Windows 10, but again with an x4 PCIE link width. It also showed the x8...
  4. B

Ok, did another test. I removed the HBA and added another Intel NIC PCIE2.0 x8 into the PCIE6 slot. Booted the server and now both the card end up as x8 (no downgrades to x4). So it must be the HBA card that actuallly negotiates a downgrade to x4. Is there a setting somewhere that I can change...
  5. B

No problem. the X470D4U indeed has a different PCIE layout. I was already confused for SLOT5 being x4... on the X570 it is an x1 :( I did check the bifurcation setting. Set it to x8x8 an still the SAS gets x4 lanes assigned. However bifurcation is actually only applicable for PCIE6 if you use...
  6. B

Correct. That is indeed shown in the picture. However, when I remove the NIC card an only use the SAS card, it still keeps running at x4. Therefor I'm expecting that there is an setting incorrect that keeps the card running on x4.
  7. B

OK, so it should be possible to run it in a x8 config. Are you sure you have the X570 board as well? and confirmed that these cards actually run at the right speed and lanes bandwidth? I tried the bifurcation setting indeed, as I thought that would do the trick: I had the slot configured as x16...
  8. B

Got my self hands on a Asrock X570D4U board with a Ryzen 5 3600 CPU and attached some peripherals to it: M2 slot filled with PCIE3.0x4 NVME SSD PCIE4 slot filled with Intel X520-2DA (dual 10gbits NIC) PCIE2.0x8 PCIE6 slot filled with a SAS 3008 PCIE3.0x4, hooked up only 4 SATA disks (for now)...
  9. B

Yet another ASRock Rack X570D4U-2L2T build ( for ESXi and NAS-usage )

Building the same kind of setup with the X570D4U and Ryzen 3600 (65W) with Noctua NH-L9a. Really enjoyed reading this topic. One quick question: is the PSU not upside-down? The fans blowing hot air into the case instead of to the outside. There is a nice ventilation grill specifically for the...