Recent content by bdbarb

1. B

HPE P840 - Cables

I'm also trying to figure out what the cable is actually called and found a couple clues. 1. Looks like it's a HPE 784626-001 12LFF Rear SFF 3LFF SAS Cable Kit 2. And might also be the but I haven't seen it yet called this "PCI-E SAS SFF-8654 8I to 8 Ports SATA" 3. There's a 8087 female to...
  2. B

9265-8i Desktop and Dell C6100 Testing Cachecade for Photo Editing

Just wanted to start a blog on this in case anyone has any tips or questions. Moving from Intels onboard IRST to an LSI 9265-8i with 1GB ram cache and planning a 512GB Cachecade for workstation use. Goal is to be able to flip quickly through photos stored on a hard disk array as fast as I can on...
  3. B

Taming the C6100

I spent some time looking at a quieter cooling alternative and think I may have a very simple solution. I ran plastic cable ties through the top empty trays on one of these and mounted 4 Cooler Master 140mm 16DB fans that provide 60CFM each directly over the xeons. I'm a little worried about not...
  4. B

Taming the C6100

Has anyone tried modding two empty top trays with fans and extra drives? I'm getting mine in the mail today and went for the two trays with dual E5530 Xeon because they seem to be configured to use 6x3.5 drives together vs 4 trays configured for only 3 drives together, and having 16 cores...