Recent content by barrenechea

1. B

SFP+ cards with ASPM support?

I've got a reply from an employee over Nvidia forums regarding CX5: I guess ASPM is a no-go on newer Mellanox cards --- I haven't been able to find ASPM-supported CX6 either.
  2. B

May be unrelated to the topic, but if someone's interested: it seems that you can cross-flash the MCX512A-ACAT card with MCX512A-ADAT firmware. Sadly, it seems to not fix the missing ASPM support... ... But now I have a ConnectX-5 Ex, Speed 16GT/s (PCIe 4.0) according to lspci :oops:
  3. B

Thank you for your input! I've already enabled AUTO_POWER_SAVE_LINK_DOWN_P1, AUTO_POWER_SAVE_LINK_DOWN_P2, ADVANCED_PCI_SETTINGS and ADVANCED_POWER_SETTINGS and no luck. There are no settings starting with PCI_BUS0_ on CX-5 (or at least mine, the ACAT version) Here is the list of available...
  4. B

Well, I'm installing a ConnectX-5 (MCX512A-ACAT), and I have had no luck with ASPM. As soon as I install it on the mobo, my package C-states go from C8 to C2, and power usage goes from 16W to 37W with the ConnectX-5 card idling and nothing connected to it (measuring whole PC consumption with...