Recent content by bandit8623

1. B

[SOLVED]Mellanox ConnectX 3 can't get 40G only 10G

dont worry about bricking your device just backup your firmware first. saved me a few times when after a flsh i couldnt get an ip even though it showed a link. flint -d <devicename> rrom original.mlx
  2. B

ebay dell mellanox dual 10gbe

wanted to add to this there is official dell firmware for this card that is as new or newer than nvidia. 02.42.50.58 dated 24 Aug 2021 was even able to flash the dell card on a supermicro server. :) https://dl.dell.com/FOLDER07319590M/1/Network_Firmware_H9RJP_WN64_02.42.50.58.EXE
  3. B

Samsung SSD PM1643 3.8TB SAS 12Gb/s MZ-ILT3T8A 2.5" @ $289.98

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MzPiC6K4ZCToGCEftgO73lRO1iBeyH4D/view?usp=sharing here ya go
  4. B

How to reformat HDD & SSD to 512B Sector Size

so looks like jbod only likes 4k or 512 at least for lsi as well. once formatted to 520 all the drives show up as unsupported and wont pass any info to the os. hdsentinel no longer can grab any smart info. pic attached. my guess is once u have drives formatted to 4k or 512 they will pass...
  5. B

so i grabbed a few drives that were 512 bps and they are formatting fine to 520 with sg tools in windows. also drives are showing all information in hd sentinel. so acting just like an hba. maybe a driver issue as well since ur using linux? usually the driver should change when in jbod...
  6. B

seems like the controller is acting like an lsi card would with jbod mode. ill see if i can try my 3108 lsi card in jbod mode and format a 520 drive. cant promise when ill run this test.
  7. B

so previous hpe controllers still havenyt supported 4kn drives. this may be the issue. im not sure about your controller. if the controller doesnt support 4kn then it cant touch 520 or 528 bps because the base on those drives is 4kn. quickspecs dont mention anything about 4kn...
  8. B

if the 408i is still in raid mode you cant format like that as the raid card doesnt pass the drives through to the os.. there is a way to change to hba mode but it requires an hpe server to do so. i havent done it on the controller u have, but i have on an older 6gb hp card...
  9. B

highly doubtful. the drive is made for their Power line. and ibm wont help any without a support contract. and they wont help you change something not meant to be changed.
  10. B

u dont have any other things to try if the psid unlock doesnt work. sorry 528bps is usually IBM p-series stuff. and that side is very locked down.
  11. B

does hdsentinel actually show this drive 520 bps? sorry if this is redundant, but have you tried seatools to psid unlock? this drive is actually a seagate drive. https://www.seagate.com/staticfiles/support/docs/TP644_1_1211US_How_to_ISE_Your_Drive-FINAL.pdf your psid code is on the drive...
  12. B

take a picture of the face of the drive and share here.
  13. B

i have had drives in the past that fail to format without the --six command. just because you havent seen it personally doesnt mean its not true.
  14. B

do you have access to hdsentinel? hdsentinel supports surface testing. see if it can even read write to the disk. windows by default can not use the 520 byte sector. to use the surface test feature you do need a paid copy of hdsentinel this will verify if the disk is just dead or not. im...
  15. B

Hi troll. Because half the time it works.. smart ass