Recent content by BackupProphet

1. BackupProphet

Supermicro X11-DPi-NT for $273 OBO. Shipping from CA extra.

These are still available, I guess Epyc is a lot more attractive platform.
  2. BackupProphet

Supermicro X11-DPi-NT for $273 OBO. Shipping from CA extra.

There are plenty of cheap VGA monitors on ebay
  3. BackupProphet

USA Chelsio T6 100Gbe Ethernet NIC

Would it not be easier to just benchmark nginx with tls?
  4. BackupProphet

yes, as you will have a lot more available memory bandwidth
  5. BackupProphet

But they support ktls? That makes them super awesome
  6. BackupProphet

Supermicro - PEI Could Not Find Recovery Image

I just want to share a issue I had with a X10DRL-I that I bought on Ebay that would not start bios as it was corrupted and I couldn't enter ipmi to flash the bios there. As there wasn't much info on Google on how to fix this I figured I could share it here. I fixed this by create a fat32 usb...
  7. BackupProphet

Proxmox Ceph and ECC vs non ECC

The discussion should be, why doesnt every computer come with ECC by default. Even for workstations/desktop/laptop I want ECC.
  8. BackupProphet

EXPIRED HP branded Mellanox SFP28 MCX4121A-ACAT $30

And for those who would like a Mellanox ConnectX 6 for only 200 USD MCX653105A-ECAT Mellanox InfiniBand HDR100/Ethernet 100Gb 1-port 940QSFP56 Ada | eBay
  9. BackupProphet

Replacing Dell server

Supermicro as a company stands for great values. They're the best vendor when it comes to knowledge sharing.
  10. BackupProphet

ZFS with Broadcom/LSI 3108 in JBOD mode

In bios/controller settings, you can set the device to jbod. Works great! I run several X10drh-ct with ZFS
  11. BackupProphet

$36 *USED* 6TB SAS Toshiba HDDs

My calculations are based on Norwegian energy prices, which is on average significantly lower than EU. SAS drives consumes more than 5watt, more like 7-9watt
  12. BackupProphet

$36 *USED* 6TB SAS Toshiba HDDs

6TB for 31 USD each is not a deal. The problem with smaller hard drives is energy cost. You're way better off getting a few 14TB hard drives for 100USD. My spreadsheet says that even for 10 USD each, you will get less value for you money compared to 14TB hard drives for 100 USD.
  13. BackupProphet

Celestica Seastone DX010 32Port 100G QSFP28 $250

I am waiting for one, would love to have a STH guide for installing SONiC on these
  14. BackupProphet

optimize zfs for seq reads

A 3way mirror for special vdev will have 6 copies of your metadata. Unless you have redundant_metadata=none. In my opinion that is way overkill.