Recent content by Babbsdrebbler

1. B

10 and 40 Gb networking on the cheap ($5 - $10)

Thanks for that detailed description of the needed changes! :) @tsys Could you update your github project? As for myself: After forgetting to turn of the PC and therefore pulling the card while there was power I seem to have let the magic escape (although there was no smoke to be seen). So...
  2. B

He most likely referred to this adapter which was already posted earlier in the thread: https://github.com/KCORES/KCORES-FlexibleLOM-Adapter As there's no gerber zip I have no idea how to order it from a manufacturer.
  3. B

Great that it works for you, I’m still fighting my mainboard trying to get it working on first boot and after suspend. On which board are you using the card? I‘ve now bridged the 3.3V aux connection but that didn‘t change anything. Well sometimes you win and sometimes you loose. As the other...
  4. B

I think I found my problem and yours might be related since your cards seem to have power and establish a link: The card needs some time to initialize before the BIOS can find it. After setting the boot delay to 10 seconds the card is available even on a cold boot. That would also explain why...
  5. B

Have you tested it in a proper server motherboard? I’m asking because my 561 is only detected after a reboot on my x570 desktop. The supermicro x10 server board doesn’t need that trick...
  6. B

Yes, I also got them from there. The problem with these adapters and cards is securing them in place and getting a good connection. In one of my cases the rj45 sockets need to be jammed into the open slot to be externally accessible and that keeps the card from sagging down. In my other case I...
  7. B

Yes, with the adapter I got TrueNAS to recognize the 561FLR-T and collect an IP via DHCP. Unfortunately I'm still in the process of buying a 10GbE switch and new motherboards with 2 8x PCIe Slots to setup networking. Hence I could not test 10GB speeds and stability. Also the quality of the...