Recent content by azaroth666

1. A

Trouble with ES Xeon

After waiting for almost a month, I got the CPU in the mail, swapped it out, got the brand new BIOS from Asus, and B00M! I'm up and running Windows. Thank you all so much for the help. I can't thank everyone enough for the Patience and information you all have shared with me!
  2. A

Trouble with ES Xeon

Cool! It's been ordered! In a few weeks wen I get it I'll update everyone with how it's working. Thank you all again for the help!
  3. A

Trouble with ES Xeon

I'm guessing this will work with the Asus board I have as well if so I'll just order that, I really like the Asus board aestheticly and a CPU takes us less space than a motherboard. Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/131781100996
  4. A

Trouble with ES Xeon

So either CPU will work, and the ASrock board will work with the CPU I have. Hell yeah! Thank you.
  5. A

Trouble with ES Xeon

When you update the BIOS does it update the chipset? Or is that an in OS thing.
  6. A

Trouble with ES Xeon

So if I can score an ASrock board for cheep it's probably a good idea?
  7. A

Trouble with ES Xeon

Is the ASrock x99 extreme 4 compatible with v4 ES Xeons
  8. A

Trouble with ES Xeon

So out of the 10 and 12 code v3 Xeon wich ones will work for my board that are on eBay? Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/152288669800 Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/162234990342 Xeon E5-2650 v3 ES 10 core 2.1Ghz LGA2011-3 Compatible with X99 i7-6800K 6850K 6950X
  9. A

Trouble with ES Xeon

I guess it comes down to buying a new board or CPU. Cost would determine that CPU would be less. Do the L and R suffixes to xeons matter to the socket? Before I order one do I need to make sure the numbers on the chip are a certain thing? Can I basically pick any v3?
  10. A

Trouble with ES Xeon

So I have a working CPU with an incompatible board. I'm trying to weigh the option of new board that works with this CPU, or a CPU that works with this board. Will just about any v3 ES work with it or just the ones on the Asus list? Also all my components are past the point of return.
  11. A

Trouble with ES Xeon

What markings do I need to look for in order to make sure that it I'll work with the board? Does it need to be a V3? Will a v4 work with a different board?
  12. A

Trouble with ES Xeon

I have not contacted Asus yet Does that mean there's a good chance its the CPU? What ES Xeon would work in that board? I don't mind ordering another one.
  13. A

Trouble with ES Xeon

can i use a usb dock to install wondows 10 onto the ssd from antoher computer? if so is it as easy as connecting the drive, insterting the disc and telling it where to install? its a blank SSD
  14. A

Trouble with ES Xeon

It will won't reboot. I get into Linux mint, everything works and runs, can't shut down and wont reboot. does anyone else have the asus x99 a-ii and is using an ES xeon? if so what one?
  15. A

Trouble with ES Xeon

The board was brand new, let's say it's the CPU, which ES Xeon is known to work on that board. Or could it be because I need to up date the chipset drivers and I can't because I can't boot into Windows.