Recent content by audio catalyst

1. audio catalyst

and again the china and supermicro bashing continues by bloomberg

https://www.bloomberg.com/features/2021-supermicro/
  2. audio catalyst

Who is the fraud, Unifi or Citron research?

wouldnt be very kosjer if i did and didn't tell you now would it ? just hate people posting stuf under under false pretences
  3. audio catalyst

this goes for all mips based routers and AP's you cant seem to relativate your personal hate again UBNT. take your crap somewhere else please here some other affected devices : The following table groups devices together by vendor and reports on percentages of binaries that incorporate...
  4. audio catalyst

still at it buddy ? you fail to mention 90% of MIPS ap's have this issue
  5. audio catalyst

Ubiquiti WAPs any good? / Buying them on Amazon?

uplink issues are being resolved. running the nano's, pro's and hd's , both prof and private. these are good ap's , as are the switches. problem most folks run into, is the options that look simple, but ccan get oone into trouble. same goes for their fw, which is vyatta based. only thing i...
  6. audio catalyst

SMB networking setup

all you aps will run 1 ssid if choose so, same goes for 2.4 and 5 ghz radio's. unifi has options to pref 5 ghz, and with minimum rrsi and celltuning you should be able to make roaming a breeze
  7. audio catalyst

SMB networking setup

i would add a secondairy ap. instead of the hd, buy the nanohd, that will easily handle your load, is cheaper and will allow you to spread load also, i wouldnt mess around with the cloudkeys.. run a local linux vm, install that with one of easy installation script, that will also setup the...
  8. audio catalyst

Juniper SRX series

disclaimer - netscreen dude can't believe you all killed screenos :) or even worse didnt release it to the opensource community.. still out performs the fortios and palo alto spin offs ;)
  9. audio catalyst

forum issues?

when will tapatalk intergration return patrick ? missing the "have a quick peek at sth" :)
  10. audio catalyst

Managing multiple UniFi sites

in the controller, network, you can set the ipadress of your controller, which points to any ip address. i assume underwater they create either their own dns record, or any other l3 adoption method. still when i have a local server on site,i set the dns method on that anyway :)
  11. audio catalyst

it does have the possiblity to add cnames, however the Controller allows you to simply add the controller ip per subnet. Am about to take reception of the 10G router, so once i have fiddled around with it a bit i'll let you know. just as an afterthought... Essentially these are EdgeOS/Vyos...
  12. audio catalyst

yes, we provide that service to about 35 sites globally from our hosted controller in our own DC We were using it only for WiFim but for a few smaller sites now manage the complete stack ( FW,Switch and AP) like that we always try to setup L3 dns adoption ( basically create a cname called...
  13. audio catalyst

tapatalk wont login or update feeds anymore

anyone else have the same issue ?
  14. audio catalyst

BRAND NEW HGST 4TB SAS HUS726040ALS214 for under $70 ($55 for qty >= 10)

have these running of a 9211 and a m1015 reflashed for quite some time now.. a year or 2 , runs perfect send from a mobile device, so typo's are to be expected
  15. audio catalyst

Good Router/Firewall for MultiWAN-VPN-Setup

here's a pretty good write up for cisco, but the same applies to other vendors : Comparing Cisco VPN Technologies – Policy Based vs Route Based VPNs send from a mobile device, so typo's are to be expected