Recent content by AsinineLucky

1. A

Suggestions For Setup

Appreciate the tips! Getting a sample put together while my new drives come in. Since I was going to have the 4 x 4TB drives, and another drive internally for hosting TrueNAS, which RAID configuration is suggested for the 4 drives? I was initially thinking RAIDz1 since I get the most usable...
  2. A

Suggestions For Setup

I will start reading up on Docker then, and maybe go ahead and install FreeNAS to start playing around with the setup. How well would this work for running an actual Windows OS? For instance, one of these boxes was going to be used by my father to run applications he does not want taking up room...
  3. A

Suggestions For Setup

My goal is to migrate my Plex server off of some aging hardware, as well as to run a few VMs. The VMs will consist of a lab environment for penetration testing and the like, as well as a windows box to host a few applications that I don't want to keep on my everyday computer. Ultimatly I just...
  4. A

Suggestions For Setup

Hey Everyone, first time posting here, so apologies if this should be in a better location. I am trying to build up a couple servers to provide a base for my house as well as my parents. The ultimate goal is I would like to have them running FreeNAS for data storage (Media files and other...