Recent content by arcadia420

1. A

"Open Box" Xeon D-1521 Motherboard $115 obo

I picked one up last Thanksgiving. I've been really happy with it, but now I am a little nervous :eek:.
  2. A

[WTB] - US-NJ - NVIDIA Titan GPUs - [H] PayPal / Zelle

Do you have any interest in a Titan Z that came from university surplus? I found it in a Precision 7910. My memory is a little fuzzy but I think it originally came from the industrial engineering department.
  3. A

New X10sdv TLN4F (Rev 2.00). 8 core - 1541. For $369 - 2 available

I got lucky and picked up a datto on govdeals for $62 over thanksgiving. It was a huge upgrade moving from an AMD Athlon 5350 to a xeon d :cool:
  4. A

Recommended eBay seller for used 10G SFP+ access network switches

If you care about ipv6 don't get a ICX6450.
  5. A

[FS] [US-NYC] Supermicro system and MB/CPU/MEM combos

I think it would be pretty obvious if the board was repaired. It also doesn't look that hard to do. I haven't decided between atom or xeon-d yet, but after I read about the fix it made my decision a little harder.
  6. A

WANTED: 3.84 TB Samsung SM863/SM883 SSDs, Xeon W3690/X5690

1WXK8B3 is the service tag for one of them. They are configured the same. I think the only difference between a 5080 and the 7080 is the 5080 is missing a m2/pcie header. They left everything intact and header is the only thing missing (doubt it). I am going to use them as is for now and put...
  7. A

Last week was great for these micro machines. I drew #9 in the lottery so I snagged four 7050s and two 5080s. I usually scavenge the workstations and ignore these machines entirely. Recently, I've experienced a string of deals where people were very generous so I felt like I had to pay it...
  8. A

Ok, hmm it never clicked in my smooth brain that NL is most likely Nederland. I can let it go at that price, but I am in the states. If you you think it's worth shipping, I am willing but you'll have to provide simple instructions that my smooth brain can follow
  9. A

I am pretty sure I've looked up service tags that were listed differently, but that could just be a false memory... Every tag at this place looks like this though. It's actually kind of annoying. How it works is everyone lines up to get a random number to determine your spot in line. If you're...
  10. A

They definitely are, lol. I was a little confused the first time I looked them up too. You have to click through the line items. They're really micros. All of the ones I get come through the same place and they are constantly buying/replacing stock. Maybe it has something to do with the volume...
  11. A

How much do you want to spend on a 7050? I've got an extra 7050 to spare and a m700 if you'd rather buy that instead. C7YQCP2 and 47P2LH2 are my 7050s.
  12. A

Project TinyMiniMicro: Reviving Small Corporate Desktops

UCLA might not be a lost a cause. I was looking at the UCLA ad for this month and it had a list of names and contacts with the items they sold. It never hurts to reach out directly and ask, the worst they'll say is no.
  13. A

Project TinyMiniMicro: Reviving Small Corporate Desktops

Next time, if you're looking for a great deal and have half a day check out the closest university surplus store. I went to one for the first time last week. They stocked multiple shelves of optiplex micro machines for ~$25. Get there early because, at mine, they let people inside in groups.The...