Recent content by Aquatechie

1. A

X10SDV - which NVMe ?

I'm late to the conversation, but I've been using a Crucial P5 as a boot drive in my X10SDV-TLN4F with absolutely no problems whatsoever.
  2. A

Product Suggestion: Automotive Window Decal

Don't limit the decals to just automobiles. I'd like to affix a decal to one or more pieces of home lab equipment!
  3. A

Dell business laptop quality issues?

Latitude 7490: keyboard & backlight issues, fingerprint reader issues that never got resolved Latitude 5289: failed right mouse/touchpad button
  4. A

EPYC3251D4I-2T build

I think I see your problem. In the image power_cables.jpg, the white power connector labeled "P2" looks out of place. My board came with a ATX 24 pin-to-4 pin adapter that is plugged in where your P2 is currently connected. P2 is plugged into the rightmost half of the 8-pin connector where the...
  5. A

Ultimate Home Data Center

I saw this on Reddit a few days ago. Looks nice. Zero beds (no closets, I guess?) and 1.5 bathrooms make it viable.
  6. A

EPYC3251D4I-2T build

Oh, it definitely worked in releases prior to the latest currently posted on Asrock's site. I'm somewhat glad to see I'm not alone. I do have to admit that this has been one rather buggy board right out the gate.
  7. A

EPYC3251D4I-2T build

Has any one encountered an issue with the System Inventory data being blank post-upgrade on this release of BIOS & BMC firmware? No Processor, Memory Controller, PCIe Device / Function, or Storage data is shown. Fan information, however, is being reported?
  8. A

EPYC3251D4I-2T build

Ran into the same problem after explicitly checking the preserve configuration box. Once I found the new IP address everything checked out OK.
  9. A

EPYC3251D4I-2T build

I'm not using a 12V-only power supply. The PSU included with my Supermicro CSE-721TQ-250B2 chassis has two 4-pin 12V connectors, but only #2 of the 2nd 8-pin connector can be used - #3 is not keyed the same as #2. I used the 24-to-4 pin connector included with the board in #1 (see picture)...
  10. A

ASRock Rack EPYC3251D4I-2T package contents

The fins on my heatsink have the same curvature has yours. Since it was uniform across the part, I didn't think much more of it after noticing it.
  11. A

ASRock Rack EPYC3251D4I-2T package contents

Check out this thread. We discuss multiple ways of adding a fan to the heatsink.
  12. A

EPYC3251D4I-2T build

I'm in the United States and ordered my board from Newegg. According to Asrock's support, the cable is not included in retail packaging. I never did get a response as to which SKUs did include the cable and how much extra they charged for the additional part.
  13. A

EPYC3251D4I-2T build

The fan surprisingly stays put when I turn the chassis upside down. Though I would prefer a more permanent mounting solution, it's "good enough" for home lab purposes. I ordered mine from the Supermicro eStore - CBL-SAST-0933
  14. A

EPYC3251D4I-2T build

The heatsink itself measures 70 mm wide x 70 mm deep x 25 mm in height. Screw holes are 60 mm x 60 mm on center. I used a Nocuta NF-A6x25 fans (60 mm)blowing into the stock heatsink. Use the supplied rubber mounting nubs to friction hold it in place over each each heatsink screw.
  15. A

EPYC3251D4I-2T build

I can also confirm the same behavior with 2666 modules...