Recent content by AndyO

1. A

Aruba MAS series SFP+ & POE+ switches sub-$100

Or, you could just snip that wire and wrap the end with electrical tape and not have to take the plug apart...
  2. A

I can't help you with that although there are some commands about fans (see the user and cli guides). I can say that with about 10 of 24 twisted pair and 2 of 4 SFP+ ports in use mine runs just fine with the default fan settings.
  3. A

Mellanox CX312C with Windows 10

Thanks. I got my card on Thursday and it's been running great. My only issue is that it only came with the low profile bracket and my server is full-height. Any idea if the bracket for the CX312A or CX312B will fit?
  4. A

Mellanox CX312C with Windows 10

I'm looking at a Mellanox Connect-X 3 card that's available locally. It's to replace a Chelsio card I could never get to run for more than a few minutes without crashing my Windows 10 box connected to an Aruba S2500, accessing a SuperMicro-based FreeNAS. The card is labeled CX312C, and it's...
  5. A

Chelsio T320 dual SFP+ & 2 transceivers - 32 $

Thanks. That's what I've heard, but it turns out that the guy selling the card has actual Mellanox transceivers for under $9, so I'm just going to get one of those and keep the complete Chelsio card and transceivers as a backup for my server.
  6. A

Chelsio T320 dual SFP+ & 2 transceivers - 32 $

I'm in a similar position. I bought two of the Chelsio T3 cards since they were the ones recommended for FreeNAS. So - the card is working great in my FreeNAS, but the one in my PC throws exceptions every few minutes. I've tried three different versions of the driver, but there's no...
  7. A

So - this is kind of strange... I was down at the switch, stepping through the menus on the front panel and I forgot to engage brain before activating fingers - I inadvertently hit "Factory Reset". So - back to the Quick GUI setup - it gave me an error when I tried not to have any upstream...
  8. A

I'm having big trouble getting this to work, maybe someone can point me in the right direction... I bought a S2500-24P on eBay for $90, and it even came with the rack ears already installed. I have done the following: Upgraded both partitions to ArubaOS 7.4.1.10 Factory reset Initial...