Recent content by Andrewyi08

1. A

Compatible active FS SFP+ DAC for Mellanox Connectx-2/3 and possibly TP-Link switch

Yes, you can choose generic SFP+ DAC cables to achieve compatibity, check it on this link, Generic 10G SFP+ DAC Twinax Cables | FS.COM. Cisco or Intel SFP+ DAC are not suggested, because the code are unmatched. If TP-LINK switch is your future option, you could choose TP-LINK SFP+ DAC at TP-LINK...
  2. A

40 GbE Switches - Mellanox, FS.com, something else...

Yeah, like being said, the optical transceiver from third party would not support Arista EOS, but their DAC cable would work. I'm not sure Mellanox would work or not, but u mentioned fs.com would work. Their Arista compatible dac cable is compatible with my Arista switch. btw, they are very...
  3. A

Answer all questions regarding Optical Transceiver(SFP+/QSFP+/QSFP28/CFP)

Like being said, there is always a dilemma between costs and performance. But some good third-party suppliers could offer the assured product. I bought Cisco compatible fiber optical transceiver and fiber optical cable for several times from monoprice, fs.com, C2G... They all worked well on my...
  4. A

Arista DCS-7050QX-32 Questions

I also got a new Arista DCS-7050QX-32 switches last week, the vendors recommended related kits to me before I paid. That’s really considerate. Now I wanna to buy some some optics and cables, do you guys have any recommendations?
  5. A

Mikrotik CRS317-1G-16S+RM / 10GbE

How loud are the fans when they kick in? Do they come on in normal use at normal (ie. not excessively hot) room temperatures?